ICE

limeyangler

I saw a bit of ice on Tuesday while I was out steelheading...Fortunately, it was only found in the top 3 guides on my float rod :D

I still would like a few more weeks of steelheading on the rivers before they freeze over.

lol it was an honest question. Maybe meet up on the ice this year? We got some new toys (sleds/trailer) and a new auger/fishfinder is soon to come. We gotta new vehicle too so i can drive up your way if needed

I will probably only be able to Drive my truck before January…so any fishing i do will be dependent on benevolent friends willing to ferry my fat behind on and off the ice. The only thing i will be helpful for on the ice is catching fish and scooping holes. So….if you are up for that i'm into a trip to sawbill as soon as the ice is safe….i'm thinking that will be the first week of December…up for it?

Sure! Lets hope it gets colder than it is today lol. +8 at the moment. Im actually doing a striptease down at the river right now, haha. Too many layers.

I was actually thinking of grabbing a dozen minnows and casting from the lawn this evening….if i can get the patio doors finished might be an idea.

But as for sawbill….lets do it!

I was actually thinking of grabbing a dozen minnows and casting from the lawn this evening.if i can get the patio doors finished might be an idea.

But as for sawbill.lets do it!

oh yes! Walleyes in the front lawn lol. Ill ask a few guys i know that fish sawbill all the time on the ice conditions. Would suck to get up there to lil to no ice. Mind you its a small lake, should freeze up quick. How come the trucks a no go for the winter?

I heard ROLOF in the back ground. Must of thought you were throwing his ball. LOL

I want to see winter fishing vids this year. Hope the thrill of the new sled had worn off Simon. :whistling::Gonefishing: .

LOL…yup….Roloff is definitely loyal….he is like glue to me wherever i go outside….unless the deer or geese are on the lawn.

I am gonna try to get a bit more fishing done this year Brian….but my work schedule is changing….although Jack is at school…w'ell see how it goes….I am hoping though!@

Got the sled tuned up yet?

Its going in for a recall….side reflectors had the wrong glue….lol…i'm getting them to do an oil change etc….it will be ready to go before i am :wallbash::(

oh yes! Walleyes in the front lawn lol. Ill ask a few guys i know that fish sawbill all the time on the ice conditions. Would suck to get up there to lil to no ice. Mind you its a small lake, should freeze up quick. How come the trucks a no go for the winter?

What's wrong?

The truck is a go….just not me….having 'cubital tunnel' (fishing elbow) surgery on Thursday….can be months before you can regain strength in your arm…definitely a good 3-4 weeks out of action as far as drilling holes/riding snow machines goes….i really will have to try to be strict with myself….but it will be hard to sit watching the skidoos go by in front of the house.

Edited by limeyangler