Where's The Boundry On The Ganny THIS Year?

Photoz

I know there is usually a discussion about this once or twice a year, and I just go to my trusty regulations book and check. Plus I believe Ron put a Ministry sign up on the south sside of the trestle a couple years back. Well the sign is gone, and I don't have my trusty Rules & Regulations book now. Most of the locals are standing on the north side and casting into what I believe to be hallowed water, but they say it changed again this year. Even though the fishin' is LOUSY this year, I don't wish to get nailed for fishing in a sanctuary. Would someone who has a regulations book advise me on wgere the boundary id THIS year. Thank you kindly. Although I haven't seen a Ministry rep there in a couple years, the first cast I'd make on the north side, he'd likely choose to show up, and it WOULD be hallowed waters!

Year round fishing = CNR rail down to Lake Ontario

Extended season fishing (4th Saturday in April to December 31) = South side of CPR bridge to Lake Ontario

General trout/salmon season (4th Saturday in April to Sept 30) = Whole river is open except from 401 to Jocelyn st bridge.

Year round Sanctuary = 401 to Jocelyn st bridge

The regulations for the Ganny can be seen online here:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@mnr/@letsfish/documents/document/mnr_e001336.pdf

The general regulations as well as the ones for each zone can be seen here:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/business/LetsFish/Publication/STEL02_163615.html

Edited by MJL

Chessy is correct,

ADDITIONAL ZONE 17 FISHING OPPORTUNITIES
Rainbow trout, Brown trout and Pacific salmon extended fall season (4th Sat. in April to Dec. 31)
Northumberland County - all waters downstream of Hwy. 2, except the Ganaraska River which may only be fished downstream of the south side of the C.P.R. bridge.
Regional Municipality of Durham - all waters between Hwy. 2 and the southerly limit of the C.N.R. right-of-way.
Rainbow trout, Brown trout and Pacific salmon open all year
EXCEPTIONS TO ZONE 17 REGULATIONS
Cobourg Brook - from the down- stream side of the lamprey barrier downstream to the south side of the King St. Bridge in the town of Cobourg. Fish sanctuary - closed all year.
Cobourg Brook (Cobourg Creek/Factory Creek) – between the southerly limit of the C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario.
Gages Creek - between the southerly limit of the C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario.
Ganaraska River - between the southerly limit of the C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario.
Regional Municipality of Durham - all waters lying between the southerly limit of the C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario.

Thank you for the info . . . . . one of these days there are going to be quite a few people get a very unpleasant surprise when the white Ministry truck pulls up to the bridge! (Possibilities are pretty small, I haven't seen the Ministry ANYWHERE down there in about a year or more! Presently the trout aren't hitting AT ALL in the Ganny . . . . from 06:00 to 2:00 p. m. I saw 2 fish caught, my float went down ONCE . . . . missed him!

What Happened My Last Post?

I tried to inquire about this . . . supposedly I don't have the code?? All I want is a reason wht it was deleted . . . . it was about fishing, and actually cautioned others about wasting their time fishing the Ganny? Who deleted me, and why?

Photoz

I don't know why all of the questions about the boundary.

As far back as I can remember (started fishing there in the 80's) the only "open all year section" has been from the South side of the bridge to the lake. The section above the bridge closed at the end of September.

IT'S B B B B A C K!! My missing post, that is? But it wasn't just a few hours ago? I checked, double checked, then carefully went over ALL the listed posts, one by one . . . . 'tweren't there? Has anybody else EVER run into something like this? Time for a new 'puter I guess?

IT'S B B B B A C K!! My missing post, that is? But it wasn't just a few hours ago? I checked, double checked, then carefully went over ALL the listed posts, one by one . . . . 'tweren't there? Has anybody else EVER run into something like this? Time for a new 'puter I guess?

jIyajbe' . Probably those pesky klingons again.

Did you hit the back button after posting? That may take you back to before the post was made. If it happens again, try the refresh button.

All I mentioned was where the fish AREN'T? Geeze . . . . . . ?? So I take it you can ask about specific boundarios for specific fish in specific waterways, but it is forbidden to mention the fish are not biting?

Steve, your post was not deleted nor edited by a mod.

Apparently mine was though...

(Please do not post VERY SPECIFIC information on fishing spots, ie pinpoint locations and maps. It is our belief that sharing this type of knowledge to the general public is not at all good for the resource itself. When communicating info on spots, please keep it to email or a PM.)

Apparently mine was though...

(Please do not post VERY SPECIFIC information on fishing spots, ie pinpoint locations and maps. It is our belief that sharing this type of knowledge to the general public is not at all good for the resource itself. When communicating info on spots, please keep it to email or a PM.)

how can he ask how close to the bridge can you fish, if you can't say what river the bridge is on.......com'on