7 hour round trip to meet Bernie. NF

misfish

A week ago,fisherman had a motor that Bernie was interested in. I figured I could grab it for him and drop it off at my parents place and he could make the short trip down to pick it up,but said frig it,I got to meet this fella. So up at 5am this morning, on the road by 5:20. The drive was good til I got to Katrine. I made a quick stop to see the parents before they were off to be with my brother. When I left,the snow starts flying. Sure glad I put the snows on Tuesday. :worthy:

A bit of a white knuckle drive the rest of the way up.

004_zpsf5042be3.jpg

005_zps7cf6f54c.jpg

006_zpsb74643d9.jpg

Met up with Bernie and his son. Like I have said many times on this board,you cant judge anyone until you meet them in person. Well I never judged Bernie,Always thought he was a stand up guy,and I wasnt wrong. He is just like one of the byes. What a super nice guy. After a brief chat,showing me his shop, I wanted to get back on the road home the way the weather was was. Offer to show my the boat factory,but I said another time. Maybe on one of those weekend at Bernies :Gonefishing: ,which he asked me to attend next year. Thanks for the offer Bernie.

Glad I left when I did,the ride was just the same,until I got past Katrine.

007_zps85927905.jpg

Nice to meet you sir and your son.

Another off the list. :clapping:

It's because of the likes and actions of people mentioned in this story I keep coming back.

Awesome!

The saying"never judge a book by it,s cover" sums it all IMO.

Some here think Im a :asshat: and thats all fine and good by me.

My real friends know different. B)

Thank you for making the trip up Brian.

Your kindness is very much appreciated.

Sorry that you hadn't the time to hang out for a while. Would have been good to sit down and have a long chat.

Looking forward to heading out on the water with ya sometime.

Thank you for making the trip up Brian.

Your kindness is very much appreciated.

Sorry that you hadn't the time to hang out for a while. Would have been good to sit down and have a long chat.

Looking forward to heading out on the water with ya sometime.

The ride up and back,was lets say,meet new friends,and time to reflect some memories. Ya that will do. Two birds with one stone.

Oh the other :asshat: ,s say EH.Bernie :D:rofl2:

BTW,

I did get a chuckle of the locals saying how much snow was coming down. Northners. All I could think was,how easy it would be to follow tracks. LMAO

Edited by Misfish

Yep OFC at its finest there Kudos Brian.

I still remember one of or the first fire hall Christmas party my wife asked me

your going where???

To meet who?

Do you even know any of them?

Ok Have you met any of them in person?

What a night that was heading about 3 hours drive for some chicken wings and fishing talk then driving home. My wife must have been nuts back then to not think I was cheating on her LOL. True OFC fashion I did have many offers to stay at other members houses and these were all people I knew from the message board only.

Great family we have here

Cheers Mike