So calculated my fuel mileage from my gps, what ya think?

RangerGuy

So while I was stuck on a development problem. I needed something to take my mind off of it for awhile the other day.

So extracted the gps track records from my last trip to LakAir.

It recorded 37 miles. I figure I burned 27 Litres.

So I was running my 18' Alaskan with 75hp yamaha spinning a customized 17p 3 blade aluminum.

Carrying a 19 US Gallons of fuel (full tank), roughly 25 lbs of decoys , 2 - 65 lb dogs, avery duckblind, 3 batteries, fishing gear and myself.

Here is the break down

MPH MileTraveled
20 or less 22
between 20 & 30 10
Faster than 30 7
Does this sound like reasonable mileage for a 1yr old rig?
Edited by RangerGuy

Taking everything into consideration I'd say that sounds about right...I wouldn't complain with those #'s for a 75 on a packed 18' at all, especially if 2stroke......Mind you I don't have experience with 4 stroke, which I assume that's what you have...but it sounds about right to me

I ran about 25 miles at 7/8 to full throttle with my 18' Fisher with 115 Merc 4 stroke and burned about 18 liters of fuel last Sunday.

It gets much better if I can cut my RPMs back to 4K or under (I eas running 5-6K) :D

I should get good mileage tomorrow as it's gonna be chilly in the AM.

Supposed to drop to -5C by then. :o

Doug out the rabbit fur bomber hat and snowmobile suit for the morning run. ;)

Thanks guys,

Me watching fuel is about the fuel its about the condition

of the motor, mileage is a good indicator of something's not right :-)

I have nothing to compare it to, since I would fill my old ranger 680 12 gallons and bring 2 25L gas cans for a long weekend and come home empty

I'm certainly way ahead :-)

I don't know anyone who pays as much attention to fuel mileage, and little details on a boat as you. I couldn't tell ya what my boats mileage is like, but I know when I'm out in it, its worth EVERY penny :)

S.

ya for sure I have about 400miles according to my gps this year alone and I don't even check mileage on my gas !!!! Just fill her up and go !!!!! It's a Yamaha man !!!! Not gonna be any issues with it !!! As water warms and cools it will java a difference as well as the lousy corn gas and wind !!!! It will all have a different effect on mileage !!!! Just use it and have fun and check the oil and add grease to the fittings and add some fuel stabilizer and you are good to go !!!! Don't need to be fussing with all that other stuff !!!! !!! Lol haha