Friday Awesomeness!!! :)

DRIFTER_016

Dave a few questions if you dont mind

how big is the lot that you are leasing

how much is a lease per year

will the lease go up in price when there is a cottage on the property

is the real estate and lease transferable to family or can it be sold outright to another person

Congrates on your new acquisition !!

There may be no grass to cut but granite is high maintenance to keep clean :D

Edited by Twocoda

Dave a few questions if you dont mind

how big is the lot that you are leasing

how much is a lease per year

will the lease go up in price when there is a cottage on the property

is the real estate and lease transferable to family or can it be sold outright to another person

Congrates on your new acquisition !!

There may be no grass to cut but granite is high maintenance to keep clean :D

70 meters X 70 meters (the nearest other allowable lease is 300 meters away) ;)

$152.50

No

Yes

wow im surprised the lease wont go up in cost once the building is erected (are you dealing with the canadian Gov or Natives ...is there an area on the property for installation of a septic system...how far away from civilization is the property...solar power ? wind gen? are you going to draw water from the lake or is a well possible? sorry man i dont mean to pry ....you dont have to answer...im just really curious as i would love to find something for the future when the time comes to break free from society as i know it now...but ...will still require some essentials like internet and cell service ....was there an initial cost of the land or private tendered bid? is there a website you found this property or just your own personal journeys led you to it ?

Thanks

The lease is through the Federal Govt as it's crown land.

They are transferring management to the NWT over the next few years and then the lease will carry over to the GNWT.

No septic (outhouse) as it's all granite. No well, will draw from the lake like most Ontario cottages.

Those of us who were following things new that the Feds were reopening leases after being closed for many years due to native land claims. I went out and searched for a spot and applied as soon as they started taking applications again.

The few spots that were available on the lake I wanted to be on were gone quickly and if I had not been in the loop I would not have had a chance.

It was like a gold rush when it reopened. :D

The lake is the biggest (other than Great Slave) lake close to town. My lease is at the far end from the launch about 14kms down the lake. I only saw 3 boats out there today. 2 fishermen and the fish cops. They had to wait while I landed a 20# pike before they could check me out. :D

Thanks Dave ...i bet it was like a gold rush....well done ...now i need to get my arse in the loop ...lol...might mean ill have to delete my facebook account though if i want to make political friends...nice catch with the fishes (seen them in your other thread) and nice property...im going to assume 14 k to the boat launch is where the closest town is for supplies...im happy for ya ...when are you planning to start the build? Is there land access to the property in the summer months or will you haul your material in the winter over the ice

Thanks Dave ...i bet it was like a gold rush....well done ...now i need to get my arse in the loop ...lol...might mean ill have to delete my facebook account though if i want to make political friends...nice catch with the fishes (seen them in your other thread) and nice property...im going to assume 14 k to the boat launch is where the closest town is for supplies...im happy for ya ...when are you planning to start the build? Is there land access to the property in the summer months or will you haul your material in the winter over the ice

14 km is to the highway. Yellowknife is another 15 or 20 km.

I can leave my place towing the boat and be at my cabin within an hour.

No land access just boat in summer and ice road/ snowmobile in winter.

The plan is to transport materials in early spring before the road disappears for the summer. ;)

Hoping to install dock and do foundation next year and close in the following year.

Then I get to do the interior after that but will be able to work during the winter then. :D

Best part is you'll have a substantial asset to sell when it finally comes time to leave Yellowknife. Very smart move!

On my end It'll be a nice place to visit. :)

Yep, should pay for my retirement property in the Bulkley valley in BC with enough left over for a jet boat and a drift boat. ;)

Edited by DRIFTER_016

sounds like you have a plan intact...Rome wasnt built in a day ....i can only imagine the price of building materials all the way up there...but im sure youll be capitalizing on any sales you come across...putting in a foundation should prove to be a challenge in itself (even with blocks) given the location and terrain...looking forward to following the thread along as your dream materializes