Please sign the petition for: free access to Simcoe Lake in Cook's bay

gogu392

This is the last launch that was free (equal access).

Simcoe is becoming a private lake, with discriminations access, please sign.

https://www.change.org/petitions/town-of-georgina-ontario-equal-parking-right-stop-beeg-park-pay-parking

When locals from Simcoe come in my town (Toronto) for healthcare or something else I should treat them diferent that the locals.

That will be based on "just access for locals" trend around Simcoe lake.

Edited by gogan

Then fight to have at least one point with free access or equal access.

I don't' mind to pay a reasonable fee like everyone else.

But I do mind if I have to pay differently because I am not a resident.

Same with Innisfil area. I am from GTA and I want to be able to buy a pass like the residents, why not?

I do pay federal and provincial tax in Ontario till the last cent.

No one is above the law (all citizen are equal).

But I think the law is for idiots like me, and the perks for the smart ones.

Edited by gogan

This is a horrible launch that I don't use. Shallow, muddy, I see vehicles halfway in the water to get their boats off the trailer. When the boats come out, alot of weeds are hanging off the trailers.

How can the town charge people for this? Unless they use the money to dredge and put in a proper concrete ramp with a dock. But I doubt that will ever happen.

Following is my proposed letter/email to MPP's and MP's. Any input is welcome to make it more powerful.

Beeg Park, the only free boat launch at Lake Simcoe for most boaters from Toronto, Markam, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Aurora, Newmarket and the rest of GTA area is going to be a pay and display parking lot.

It's never been a boat launch for most Georginian though, since they have other better spots, with free parking for them only, to launch their boat with easier access to their fishing honey hole.

The point is, for most swimmable, picnicable and kayak launchable beaches, why only Georginian have the pass to park their vehicle? The parking pass has successfully expelled other GTAers away from Lake Simcoe, thus making the Lake the back yard of fellow Georginian.

This is just not fair! It's discrimination! Toronto doesn't do this. Markham doesn't do this. Richmond Hill doesn't do this. The rest of GTS doesn't do this.

Stop the discrimination! Stop the local-only parking pass! We want our fair right for Lake Simcoe, exactly the same right with Georginian!

Here is the petition. Let's sign it!

https://www.change.org/petitions/town-of-georgina-ontario-equal-parking-right-stop-beeg-park-pay-parking

I gotta pay to launch my boat in Humber Bay, why shouldn't you have to pay up here?

Only launch I can use for free is the Tiffin access, all the others I've gotta pay as well... and I'm local!

You don't have to pay at the Barrie marina Bill. You are a res of Barrie.

That's the only one I use.

I'm not going to sign it because I do not use this ramp, and like others have said you pay for parking at the ramp, and the quality seems to be very poor.

Now if the ramp was a wide and deep concrete ramp, with washrooms and a seasonal chip truck I would sign the petition. You can always use more chip trucks with ample free parking around.

Stop the discrimination! Stop the local-only parking pass! We want our fair right for Lake Simcoe, exactly the same right with Georginian!

Heres my thinking on this crap.

Like Bill said,the Tiffen launch is free for all to use. (Not sure how long that will last) If your a resident,you can launch for free at the marina as well.

All launches in Oro are pay to play. All their launches are crap.

Innisfil has parking only with permit,and pay to play launches.

It,s only been the last few years both Oro and Innisfil have gone to this.

Why,well garbage is the big thing,and noise.

Bear Point was a real busy hard water spot. Anglers showing up at 5am,starting up machines. Im sure that would piss off even you,if you lived there. BBP was the same. Now you got to park out at the golf course and drive/walk to the lake. It,s a hike from there.

Ya I agree locals want it for them selves,but we as a whole,cause some of these issues IMO.

When locals from Simcoe come in my town (Toronto) for healthcare or something else I should treat them diferent that the locals.

That will be based on "just access for locals" trend around Simcoe lake.

This is a brutal statement by the way. Your a real piece of work man..... :angry: .. Piece of something...

I know several Simcoe locals (on this board) who have paid WAY more to park outside a hospital in Toronto to deal with their sick and/or dying families, than you will EVER spend in your life on parking to fish on "Simcoe Lake".

Give your narrow minded head a shake..

I know several Simcoe locals (on this board) who have paid WAY more to park outside a hospital in Toronto to deal with their sick and/or dying families, than you will EVER spend in your life on parking to fish on "Simcoe Lake".

Yep... $150 a week almost every three weeks for the last 3 years. Gogan can add it all up.... if he gets around 8 grand he's in the ball park.

Let's just not compare parking in a hospital parking which is the same price for everyone as the price to launch a boat somewhere. I have a choice with boat parking...I don't have a choice with hospital parking for a loved one.

I would rather sign a petition to double the price or even triple those of a boat launch, if it would lower parking rates downtown by only $5. Sick of paying $15-20/day just to park for work. Doesnt bother me nearly as much when im heading out for fishing, and paying half that rate to use a launch, park my truck and trailer for the day and have a garbage can and outhouse... Doesnt feel nearly as much as robbery as Toronto where i cant find a lot to fit a pickup without paying $20+

Edited by Angler management

I live 10 doors down from the launch and it is a special one. When i fish 15 times a year at bluffers park for salmon i have to pay so i fail to see the difference( other than this launch being muddy and weedy and the one in scar crowded with the most interesting of city people) i agree that any money should go towards launch improvement and or towards the watershed

Hahaha.... Yeah right

call me spoiled buy i have a general disdain for paying to launch and park. places i fish, it's generally (with one or two exceptions) free, either gov't docks or otherwise.

i don't fish within two hours of the gta though -- y'all can have it.

Guys the petition is about Equal Access to the launch - my bad in having the misleading title. I do apologise for that.

In Toronto I did pay same rate with you when I had to stay at the hospital for a week.

I know is outrageous what rates they have, but I did pay same rate as you.

Why non-resident of Georgina has to pay a different fee for any launch in Georgina Town?

That is discrimination. Some people are more equal than others: see Farm Animal movie.

Is like in Brazil.

The rich clans have cities surrounded by high walls with guards and the poor can not even dare to see the gate of citadel city.

Now on Simcoe we start to copy the Brazil model? Shame.

Same model was in Eastern Europe - the communist party leaders had special restaurants for them and their families with special LOW fee. They even had resorts on Baltic and Back sea ONLY for them.

Why are we copying models from third world countries when we had the proof/facts that these models don't work and are not just?

Maybe, I am stupid and I don't get. Or I get it.

The bankers have their clan and screw us all for their advantages with their fractional system - see Zeitgeist movie.

The politicians are crocks that sell national interest to corporations and for benefit of the sponsors - see US model

The club of public sector has their own nice privileges and perks (pension, benefits, etc).

So the idea is to be part of a clan and change the law to get advantages for the club.

And me: "Joe the Plumber" the working class idiot I have to suck it and shut up.

I think finally I got it.

Have a nice day/evening and enjoy you club perks.

Edited by gogan

Just WOW is all I can say about this thread. So happy that I live and fish where I do. I've never paid a dime to launch. I've never waited a minute for the launch to be free. I rarely see another boat within a mile or two when I'm fishing. If I had to deal with any of these issues I might just pack it all in.