Solar Panel Chargers

Rich

Not likely.....perhaps to charge a cell phone battery.....and that's if you have direct sunlight for a week. For a 12 V lead acid, deep cycle battery you'll need 2, 2' x 4' premium panels (not those at Can Tire). This will give you approx. 150 watts and it will still take a week of quality sunlight to charge your battery from half level.

It worked well in my 40hp runabout I had.With no alternator and/or electronics.Sitting in the driveway during the week was more than long enough to keep the boat starting from May-Oct.Never had to put the battery on charge throughout the fishing season.

Remember it's $9.99 for the charger.But $29.99 for the controller.

Edited by davey buoy

I have a 24V electric motor on my boat. I bought 2-40W coleman solar panels this year since I do not have power by my boat dock. They would keep the batteries topped up to about 12.7V as long as there was a lot of sunlight and I charged the batteries for about 6 hours a day and used them for about 4 hours. I ended up using my generator must of the time to charge the batteries I found the panels were a waste of time.