September Bassin Report

MCTFisher9120

Hello everybody here at OFC. I hope everybody has been enjoying their selves this summer, getting out on the lake fishing. The last 4 nites I spent in a small 2 bedroom cottage rental on the lake out in Eastern Ontario. The weather was cool but the fish were around the first 3 days of the trip. Finding a couple over 4lbs puts a cap on a unreal summer of bassin. Now on with some pictures. We got there late Friday night.

I was working the outside edge right at the beginning of one of the connection channels, prior to the upcoming tree this 4-1/4lb Largemouth came out and smashed the 3.5"TRJ. Only rigged on 1/2oz this time. Needed a slower fall.

After 1 full hour pitching the first "tap" on the line what a fight

DSCF4534_zpsa3b2868d.jpg

I went back for a bite to eat after this as I got on the water at 2pm so it was 4pm I ate some food then got out around 5pm once more, took my mom with me this time. My brother got a few small bass and of course caught the first of the trip haha. First year she's bought a fishing license. She gets a nice largemouth on the wacky worm was excited as hell

DSCF4541_zps11ac0338.jpg

At this point I again was pitching the deeper lilly pads for about a hour at this point. I take another pitch and the this big fat largemouth came out at my bait, set the hook and in it was coming. 4.96lbs, hair under the nickel mark.

DSCF4538_zps711e3101.jpg

The next morning I went to a bay and started covering water with a popper working it a mile out over productive areas. Temps were at around 63-68 degrees through the 4 days.

Caught a few smaller bass then all of a sudden a nice one hit, shes quick with photos. I asked her to get the net but right as she takes the pic she got a bite on her worm again

IMG_8354_zpse351ef98.jpg

Weighed at 4lbs 9oz so I was excited, I netted my own fish then netted hers as well

DSCF4558_zpsf34960ef.jpg

Her's was around 3lbs I figured.

DSCF4561_zps13acab5f.jpg

Only 2 fish of the morning

DSCN1186_zps001c9ac9.jpg

Went out cruising some new ground and found a couple smaller bass, here is one of the chunky fish. Slop just wasn't holding the bigger bass, it was a pad thing similar to last September. I just found special areas this past June and August.

IMG_8501_zps795eda6f.jpg

3 Bass but all round 2lbs Tried mr frog lot's but no largies came up.

IMG_8494_zpsddb57a5d.jpg

Tried the lower end of a channel way and was working a rock wall with fallen trees every 50ft or so, this bass was 10ft down on a strip of weeds in between a bait of branches. Unreal fight very long fish. Weighed just over 4 1/2lbs

DSCF4573_zps61a8554d.jpg

2nd photo, all the bass were healthy this year very fat not skinny like in years before on these waters

DSCF4574_zps442f4618.jpg

Can't have too many rods :P Ok 3 of those are not mine

DSCF4586_zps7fdc74b0.jpg

On with the next morning. It was 6:15 just like the last but this time it was windy, not very wavy with maybe a 1ft chop going across the lake but the wind was at least 30-40k I put my popper down and grabbed the Spinnerbait went to the first point I knew. In the past I've lost a big smallmouth or two on tube jigs. Right away I had maybe 4 or 5 casts in and this 3lb range Smallie smashed the bait boatside, there always a treat when I can find them, such hard fighting fish.

DSCN1003_zpsa075f69e.jpg

Ran around for awhile after that but couldn't get any bass going just Pike. Here is a few pics from that cold start

DSCN1016_zps49e49467.jpg

Drivin to the next spot

DSCN1027_zps5b8f4faa.jpg

Found more small bass later that afternoon in the 2lb and under range after the storm cleared. Pitched cover for a little over a hour with no luck, looked at the vision 110 jerkbait and tried the outside edge of a weedline and got a few this size

DSCF4592_zps9a464a9b.jpg

Working the bait over 16-22FOW seen a few small Pike and lost 2 baits but here was another fighter

DSCF4590_zpsb018e06b.jpg

The next day it was foggy out could see 20ft either side of the boat, went straight across the lake and threw the swimbait through the pads for a half hour only had 2hrs to fish before we had to pack up for the road home. Mid 3lb largemouth. Hard fight but it capped of a great summer.

DSCN1154_zpsfd16e2d0.jpg

And the Largemouth Bass

DSCF4606_zps6826f6d3.jpg

Might get out again for a weekend next month for some fishing with my uncle.

Tightlines and thanks for looking

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher