Friends with float planes are about the best friends someone could have

chris.brock

My buddy Cam and cottage neighbor, recently got his pilot's license, and float rating.

He showed up at the cottage with a Cessna 172, in Deep Bay (Gull Lake, Haliburton), and took me up for a cruise

100_2659_zps91d3c07d.jpg

Although being a new pilot, he seemed competent and confident, and I didn't feel nervous

100_2652_zps97185062.jpg

here's looking into Deep Bay

100_2657_zps65742753.jpg

looking south on Gull Lk, towards Moores Falls

100_2654_zpsb29fe583.jpg

the landfill on Deep Bay Road

100_2651_zpsd3735f44.jpg

we also checked out some lakes we don't want to mention

I have a feeling we might hit a few back lake bass next season

100_2660_zps7c2d3d7a.jpg

did you happen to see a 20ft lund pro V ?? MY BUDDY AND I WERE THERE FISHING THE ENTIRE DAY !!!! sorry bout the caps...

the only boat I remember seeing, was a large aluminum fishing boat (I didn't catch the make), it caught my attention because of the cool camo pattern paint job, you guys?

did u see us buzzing around?

how did you do (fish)?

Nice Chris! Most won't even let you chip in for fuel... "because they're going there anyways". It's the way I operate and just happy to be airborne or on a back lake. Does the Lake St. John Flying club let them tie a canoe on?... or are you going to be looking at using cache boat lakes?

very nice Chris, that beach looks familiar ... (Miners Bay ?)

a friend of mine took me on a flight over Algonquin Park a few years ago, photographed a few secret lakes as well ...

that's the launch at Deep Bay

Nice Chris! Most won't even let you chip in for fuel... "because they're going there anyways". It's the way I operate and just happy to be airborne or on a back lake. Does the Lake St. John Flying club let them tie a canoe on?... or are you going to be looking at using cache boat lakes?

I was thinking of using cached boats and caching 1 or 2 this winter via snowmobile

the only boat I remember seeing, was a large aluminum fishing boat (I didn't catch the make), it caught my attention because of the cool camo pattern paint job, you guys?

did u see us buzzing around?

how did you do (fish)?

. Yes Chris that's my buddies camo pro V Lund yes we seen you and we were out there all day from dawn till dark !!! It was a different day for sure with the wind at 35km then changing directions then dying right off !!!! Patience was the key !!!! Just wait em out !!!