Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Well I don't really feel anything for either team but the reffing sure looks tipped to one side to me. Good pace to the game though.

It is. Always is in Montreal. Although I can't really blame them. It is a mad house in there.

Edited by BassMan11

I still can't believe they called that Tampa goal back.. Why in the world is there a rookie NHL ref doing a playoff game?

did you hear the explanation of rule? it makes a lot more sense of how it played out. I still think it should have counted but hey :dunno:

did you hear the explanation of rule? it makes a lot more sense of how it played out. I still think it should have counted but hey :dunno:

Yeah, still don't agree with it... Price initiates contact, they score, it gets called back, lol.

Yup and Stamkos was onside

And the knee to the head of Stamkos looked very much like this season when Neal kneed Marchand in the head and it cost him several games---no call

I guess nobody said it had to be fair----just marketable

Like I mentioned---not a Tampa fan by any stretch---be nice to see a level field though

Like the game after the Sens/Habs fiasco---one ref from that nite reffed the very next night in Ottawa

He must have had the guilts cuz Ottawa was getting Power plays for next to nothing---2 minutes for passing gas?? :)

Yup and Stamkos was onside

And the knee to the head of Stamkos looked very much like this season when Neal kneed Marchand in the head and it cost him several games---no call

I guess nobody said it had to be fair----just marketable

So your saying Emelin was trying to knee Stamkos in the head...from what I recollect Stamkos was on all fours sliding and Emelin tried to jump out of the way!!! And forget this level playing field Bull...Montreal has been the better team without question!!!

It's lazy logic to suggest that Canadians have to support the team in Montreal to be patriotic.

The Tampa coach is a funny guy who does keep things in perspective and had lots to say about the game despite being limited in what he can say without being fined by the league.

I think at the start of the play-offs CBC did a little get-to-know the coach thing on Copper. The best part was him breaking down game tape of the outdoor oldtimers game in Detroit where Steve Thomas (a Tampa assistant coach) was not back checking at all.

It's lazy logic to suggest that Canadians have to support the team in Montreal to be patriotic.

The Tampa coach is a funny guy who does keep things in perspective and had lots to say about the game despite being limited in what he can say without being fined by the league.

I think at the start of the play-offs CBC did a little get-to-know the coach thing on Copper. The best part was him breaking down game tape of the outdoor oldtimers game in Detroit where Steve Thomas (a Tampa assistant coach) was not back checking at all.

No lazy Rob,Canadian team to go far would drive Bettman nuts.I'm liking it so far.lol.

Bill not supporting MTL? Only Canadian team?lol.Tampa Bay better get their act together reffing or not.Goals in the net count.Can't argue Mtl can go a long way,and I'm right behind them lol.Loving all the games so far!!!

I'd like to see Montreal win, but I'm not going to ignore the crappy calls that were made during that game.