Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

:rofl2::rofl2:

Could it actually be we agree on something?????

:clapping::whistling:

Matt, you won't find me making excuses for this end of season flop. Like Muddler mentioned a 1,000 times in this thread, you can't live without a good D core. Collapsing in your own end, just won't cut it. I hope in the off season they make some additions to the D and toughen up that blue line. We've got scoring figured out...

Edited by BillM

I hope in the off season they make some additions to the D and toughen up that blue line.

Hoping........for the 10th year in a row now?

Worst management in the league, by far.

Until that changes, nothing will.

Hoping........for the 10th year in a row now?

Worst management in the league, by far.

Until that changes, nothing will.

Should have quoted you as well. You should know better by now. Maybe they feel since theres a cup under glass just up the road all is good. Difference being no leaf name has left the engravers tool since 67.

Edited by moxie

Track record of the current MLSE boss says that he does not suffer fools easily. He seems to be a pretty hands on CEO and I bet he's pretty pi$$ed that his company is losing large playoff revenue because of this latest train wreck.

None of the "players" in the management group are of his choosing... I expect changes this off season... across the board changes.

HH

10 years? I thought my math was bad. How many cups in almost a half century?

Your math might be fine, reading comprehension on the other hand might need some work. I was referring to the mess Burke left Nonis.

The question is, do they really care? Seats are sold out, no matter how good or bad they play. Moneys coming in hand over fist. People are still shelling out top dollar for crap seats.

True enough Brian. Never been able to figure out how many blows to the head followers must take till they see the light or in this case the lack there of.

Track record of the current MLSE boss says that he does not suffer fools easily. He seems to be a pretty hands on CEO and I bet he's pretty pi$$ed that his company is losing large playoff revenue because of this latest train wreck.

None of the "players" in the management group are of his choosing... I expect changes this off season... across the board changes.

HH

Maybe not but is he not a fool himself to think he can deal with it here where there are no other distractions? I'm afraid this fool will suffer the same fate as the fools that have gone before him and been summarily destroyed. This ain't hollywood.

Your math might be fine, reading comprehension on the other hand might need some work. I was referring to the mess Burke left Nonis.

hehehe. So now you guys are gonna blame Burke for the ills of this monster? Fans investing good money into a perpetual loser might be a good place to start. Great investment strategy anyway.

Reading comprehension is spot on by the way. This corpse has been festering far longer than that.

hehehe. So now you guys are gonna blame Burke for the ills of this monster? Fans investing good money into a perpetual loser might be a good place to start. Great investment strategy anyway.

Not just Burke, pretty much management from the beginning, lol! Although it will be interesting to see what Nonis can do in a few years...

Not just Burke, pretty much management from the beginning, lol! Although it will be interesting to see what Nonis can do in a few years...

It is comical isn't it?

Of course not!!!

Everyone knows it's all Harrold Ballards fault!!!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

BINGO!!!! hehehe.

A couple of puzzle pieces away ......New captain, new coach, new GM, new owners, new building, new scouts, new jerseys, free agent, draft pick, fancy hot dogs, bigger foam fingers, sexy cheerleaders/ice cleanup crew, ceremony before just about every darn game, blah blah blah blah.............whine, cheese, violins, maybe even a harp.....bad calls, bad ice, bad breaks, bad bounce, bad weather, bad economic times and bad vibe and one of my all time favorites; they just plain ran out of games. Duh!!!.... burp, spit, cough, choke, moan and groan...........and through out it all still remain a mediocre team at best in the so called centre of the hockey universe. No wonder every win at any time of the season is cause for celebration yet every year another team in the league wins the coveted cup.

Leaf fans have the market cornered when it comes to excuses as to why their team continually fails to succeed. Difficult to feel sorry for them. Guess they deserve the team they have.