Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

As for the game, I seriously think the brain cramp in Ottawa has hit a high, man they gotta snap outa this. After all, losing to the laffs, man that stings!

:wallbash::stretcher::Gonefishing:

Its just gonna get worse for you guys..Your GM needs to shake things up... Ya know its bad when ya cant beat the badly injured Leafs..

I don't condone the act by Thornton, Bill. But he didn't slam him to the ice and stiff him good. He sort of helped him to the ice so he wouldn't bang his head the tapped him twice, gingerly as a warning.Then to everyones surprise Orpik does the funky chicken. Did you see Bryan Murray in the press box? He looked very aggetated. I think he is about to do something!!! Shakeup coming in Ottawa very soon.

I don't condone the act by Thornton, Bill. But he didn't slam him to the ice and stiff him good. He sort of helped him to the ice so he wouldn't bang his head the tapped him twice, gingerly as a warning.Then to everyones surprise Orpik does the funky chicken. Did you see Bryan Murray in the press box? He looked very aggetated. I think he is about to do something!!! Shakeup coming in Ottawa very soon.

I think you missed the part where he punched him in the face when he was laying on the ice. That's classy.

Edited by BillM

Need some help on something that is happening to often on this thread. Please do not cuss or mock cuss. I know that we are high spirited here but if you just type bull and leave it blank we all will get the idea plus we haven't broken any rules.

Thanks

Art

Thornton kept challenging a guy who rarely fights, Orpik declines. He follows him around, slew foots him/pulls him to the ice and delivers a couple of blows to his head when he's defenseless, LONG after the whistle. It was a premeditated and as cheap as they come, had nothing to do with the game of hockey. It went against the "code", throw the book at him. All because Orpik threw a clean hit on a player. I guess the NHL is becoming a league of pansies where players can't even throw a hit without worrying about some goon assaulting them. I'm not against fighting by the way, but that wasn't a fight. Anybody who defends Thornton is a moron.

Neal's knee was dirty as well, not on the level of Thornton's as it wasn't planned. Just a dumb, careless split second decision by Neal to not try to avoid Marchand. He deserves to sit too, but not as long as Thornton. I wish Neal would smarten up and not be such a sneaky little weasel. He's too good of a hockey player to be resorting to that kind of crap and he's going to get somebody seriously injured if he keeps it up.

Both those dirty plays were planned. You can clearly see neil change coarse to make contact, with his knee, to a head. That is far more dangerous than what thorton did. But both were horrible plays. And that hit was borderline. When i seen it i believe it was an interference call. Player did not have the puck. But it was so close i think orpik just finished his check and had no ill intent

Player had the puck about a half second before hand, he's fair game. Hit was clean in my books. Everything that happened after not so much.

That's the way I saw it too Bill. Perfectly timed clean hit. He should blame his own team mate for the suicide pass.