Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Funny how Bernier let in 9 goals in two back to back games (including one that he practically scored on himself) after the olympics, and he is the next thing to a goaltending God now. I just dont get it.

Come on man, 2 games. Every hall of fame goalie has had bad games, but very few have faced as many shots as bernier has in there first season and played this well in such a tough market. He is like 5th or 6th in save percentage in the league, wake up if you don't think he is the real deal. Mark my words now, 2018 bernier will be on team Canada. I say this after shooting 2500 pucks at goalies every day year after year for future pro goalie school. I know good goalies when I see them.

I dunno if it's Carlyle.... Those first two goals were soft, no way Reims should have let those in. Then look at the posts the Leafs hit tonight, Gardiner, Reilly and JVR, 2 of those go in an it's a different game. Puck isn't bouncing our way, let's hope they straighten things out or it's going to be a long off season.

Agree Bill. But somewhere along the line, the floaters from the blue line that Bernier has let in have been forgotten. Not to mention his puck handling blunders that have cost a few goals. Bernier is our #1 now. That I agree with. But Carlyle has terribly mismanaged the fact the we have (had) two #1 goalies. His defensive coaching abilities totally suck. We have no defense at all.

Come on man, 2 games. Every hall of fame goalie has had bad games, but very few have faced as many shots as bernier has in there first season and played this well in such a tough market. He is like 5th or 6th in save percentage in the league, wake up if you don't think he is the real deal. Mark my words now, 2018 bernier will be on team Canada. I say this after shooting 2500 pucks at goalies every day year after year for future pro goalie school. I know good goalies when I see them.

You should apply for Carlyles job then with those stats. Funny you should mention the shots that Bernier gets against him, but not Reimer.

Reimer faces the same shots danc and doesn't get the same save percentage or goals against average so I don't understand your point and bill I would suggest that if they trades reimer there would be a goalie coming back in return as well

Not sure at this point you would get much for Reimer after all what exactly has he proven in his short career?

The numbers suggest the Leafs need to fix some team problems...despite some players having decent years the team numbers are rather lackluster....

27th in penalty killing

10 shorties allowed

30th in shots allowed

24th in shot for

25th in shut outs

26th in goals against

Now if coach Carlyle has instituted the perfect system for his players to succeed then it`s the players fault if not then Carlyle needs to re-examine his system.

My casual observation tells me that the Leafs have been out played by their opposition for the most part this year and the numbers bare this out!!!

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Not sure at this point you would get much for Reimer after all what exactly has he proven in his short career?

The numbers suggest the Leafs need to fix some team problems...despite some players having decent years the team numbers are rather lackluster....

27th in penalty killing

10 shorties allowed

30th in shots allowed

24th in shot for

25th in shut outs

26th in goals against

Now if coach Carlyle has instituted the perfect system for his players to succeed then it`s the players fault if not then Carlyle needs to re-examine his system.

My casual observation tells me that the Leafs have been out played by their opposition for the most part this year and the numbers bare this out!!!

There most definitely needs to be a change in the system they play or they need to play the system they are being taught. We can't be too sure which it is but I also agree you wouldn't get much for Reimer now, that's why I said that they should have traded him at the trade deadline paired with a one or two other players. He was the goalie that played so spectacularly against Boston in the playoffs so he had value, unfortunately that may be a distant memory now. They have been out played by the opposition and if not for bernier and the ridiculous unsustainable shooting percentage of our forwards our record would be a lot worse.

Well if the leafs do get in the back door of the playoffs,lets see how well he does. The play offs are a whole new game. Lose and your out. No second chances.

This is very true, I think because of berniers demeanour he will be fine, but if they sneak into the playoffs they will most likely be against boston or Pittsburgh so I'm not very optimistic. Hey who knows maybe bernier is the horse they ride to the playoffs and Reimer is the one they ride during playoffs lol. If that happens I will take back everything negative I said about Reimer. Haha

I dont blame just 1 guy its the whole team. I will say when your goalie consistently lets in 2 softies in the first 5 minutes, you dont stand a chance. But the defense has been brutal and the coaching choices blow my mind. Dont play Holland or Ashton and dress the likes of Orr. The way Reims has been treated says allot of coach Randy, he needs to go IMHO. One other observation is Bolland last-night, the man had more hits then the rest of the team in the last 3 games. What happened to the most hated team to play against? This was just last year? All to often I see opposing guys getting 2nd and 3rd shots by sticking around out front..Hit the guy, he cant score on his Ass, don't just stand there and let them score. There is lots wrong with the team and its all fixable with just a little effort. We have to hit hard and hit often, Randy needs to stop with the stupid lineup choices and his ignorant comments. Why do Orr and Mcleran (sp) get starts when Ashton and Holland look good out there?

I dont blame just 1 guy its the whole team. I will say when your goalie consistently lets in 2 softies in the first 5 minutes, you dont stand a chance. But the defense has been brutal and the coaching choices blow my mind. Dont play Holland or Ashton and dress the likes of Orr. The way Reims has been treated says allot of coach Randy, he needs to go IMHO. One other observation is Bolland last-night, the man had more hits then the rest of the team in the last 3 games. What happened to the most hated team to play against? This was just last year? All to often I see opposing guys getting 2nd and 3rd shots by sticking around out front..Hit the guy, he cant score on his Ass, don't just stand there and let them score. There is lots wrong with the team and its all fixable with just a little effort. We have to hit hard and hit often, Randy needs to stop with the stupid lineup choices and his ignorant comments. Why do Orr and Mcleran (sp) get starts when Ashton and Holland look good out there?

Very we'll said... This message is sponsored by me lol!!