Any interest?

Was thinking of hosting a pier fishing tournament for salmon in the next couple weeks. It would be small with 10-30 participants, probably about $20 entry fee. I think bronte would be the best location since its close enough to the major cities and its a big pier with lots of fish. Obviously it would be run at night, probably 9 to 1 or 2 am. Would anyone on here be interested?

I would be in for a 5am start,end at noon,and wings and beers after. :D

Clearly you've never fished Bronte before.

Wings and beer 7pm-9pm; walk across the street catch 4 30lbers and have 3 fist fights in 5 hours and your sober enough to drive home at 2am.

Wings and beer 7pm-9pm; walk across the street catch 4 30lbers and have 3 fist fights in 5 hours and your sober enough to drive home at 2am.

Oh,,,,, to be young again . :canadian: ..

Edited by Misfish

Well I contacted oakville and it would take 4 weeks to get the permit and cost about $200, I'm hoping that was because it's next to the marina, so I emailed mississauga asking about their pier, we'll see what they say. I'm hoping this will happen september 7, it's a little later than I'd like but it's probably the best I can do.

LOL.. we use to leave Consumers Glass at 11pm off the afternoon shift (1984).. take our spots under the bridge, with our mickey, and fish all night. Oh the good old days.

Have fun Chris if you can pull it off... a tad too far for me these days. As for a permit.. to fish on public property.. hmmm

Edited by irishfield

LOL.. we use to leave Consumers Glass at 11pm off the afternoon shift (1984).. take our spots under the bridge, with our mickey, and fish all night. Oh the good old days.

Have fun Chris if you can pull it off... a tad too far for me these days. As for a permit.. to fish on public property.. hmmm

Thanks, you can fish off of there, just running an event you need permission.

That actually sounds like alot of fun !

I will start training asap

alright then, 9pm on the 7th, see you there :)

Oh, if I went on that date,my parents would disown me. They are redoing their vows after 50 years of marriage.. Hell,I couldnt even get my pop to go golfing,and still have him at the church on time. I promised I would.LOL

Have fun Chris and the gang.

hey Chris count me in, although I have never fished for salmon but willing to have a go if someone can give me a little bit of a clue as to what to use ?

Heaviest, longest rod you own, largest capacity reel spooled with 10-20 pound line, and a few little cleo 2/5 or 3/4 oz spoons. the glowing paint ones work the best. You can charge them with your iPhone camera but it's not necessary.