Trolling reels??

dhickey

I have 2 outfits....one is for casting 7 ft heavy action shimano rod with a calcutta 200 and the other is a 8ft medium heavy rod with shimano triton reel. I used the triton for niagara musky and handled a near 40 pounder nicely to the boat until the worst net job in the world happened. :wallbash: Handled the initial strike no problem as the extra length and softer tip worked well.

Love my Tekota - worth every penny. Also recently picked up an Okuma Coldwater for salmon fishing - it's pretty sweet and worth the extra $30 or so compared to a Convector in my opinion. I also have an Abu 7000i that has been used a couple of times - I was going to use it for casting muskie baits but it is rather heavy and better suited as a trolling reel. It is for sale if you are interested - $120 spooled with 40lb mono and includes box, papers and a neoprene Shimano case. Pm me if interested.

Edited by Fisherpete

BD3956E4-AD23-4ADB-AE41-D6DD167B7956-515 this is a convector 30 that's one of my wire dipsey roller rods !!!! And this reel has been through the war tons of times with salmon screaming out 100yrd dashes and it's stood the test it owes me nothing I have about 5 okumas and for the $ they work great !!! But yes a tekota is sweet but for the price of 3 tekotas I have 7 set-ups including leadcore and 3 for wire

Yes, for the price, ya can't beat the okuma's. I have several, and they do work great, but the drag creep pulling dipsy's drives me crazy. The Tekota's are the best for that.....ya just can't beat the tekota's. Sure they cost a little more, but they are the best I've used.

S.

I like the Sealine's... and no issues of yet with the Accudepths. Tekotas are great but I wouldn't outfit myself with a fleet of them... maybe just one for muskies and big arctic lakers. The oldest I own is a Cabelas DepthMaster Gold. These reels go on sale now and again, and I have to say the one I have has given no problems. I thought Daiwa made them for Cabelas, but I could be wrong..?

Tekota's FOR SURE. Awesome reels!

I fish Quinte a lot and have used Diawa's, Okuma's and Shimano's, with Shimano's being superior BY FAR.

The Diawa's/Okuma's freeze up during cold weather, so they're useless on Quinte in the Fall (when it counts).

I've been running Tekota's for a years now, and haven't had a single issue with them. I literally fish until the ice wont let me in early/late November, December and even January.

I have to be honest... My anti reverse on an accudepth 17 malfunctioned tonight... First malfunction I've ever had with any of the 8-10 accudepths I've owned... This thread musta jinxed me..... I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on another accudepth to replace it tho....

Fixed... Lol

And yes... The OP stated $100.... So talking about tekotas is a waste of time....