Catfish (Barbut)

TJQ

they're friggin amazing ! every year we have a Frog Leg , Crayfish , Freshwater Clam and Barbotte dinner party along with wild salads and regular fish ... hardly ever are there left overs. :)

I will PM you my address for next party invite.

In the spring we used to use a "worm ball " and it just that 2dozen dew worms threaded on a 5ft ball of strong fishing line no hooks involved just a big sewing needle and make a worm ball the size of a baseball and just haul them in one after another !!!! Guys up in the Ottawa river area still fish them that way to this day !!! Brown bullheads taste great in the spring when the water is cold !!! At one time I remember more guys showing up for bull head fishing than for the walleye opener !!!!! It was a big thing back in the day !!! Ahhhhh memories !!! Anything stinky would work too my gramps would save fish heads and skin from walleyes to throw back in the lake overnight to get crayfish and we would use them as well for bullheads !!!! Even the leftover fish guts from cleaning them would work !!!!!! Oh ya and even the eyes from the walleyes would work great !!!!! I just remembered that !!!!!! Lol....it's like smelt netting it used to be a huge gathering people camped in tents and campers !!!! Nobody seems to do it anymore !!!!!!!!!! Times have changed that's for sure !!!!

When I lived in Sudbury lots of people would go out at night and catch a mess of them. The old guys would nail the head to a board and peel the skin and guts off in one pull. They could do a dozen in less than 5 minutes. Very tasty in spring. A bit muddy tasting in summer and they would milk soak them for a few hours sometimes to take that away.