Buckhorn lake report, musky content

shimano19

hey guys, spent the day on buckhorn late with the old man and my younger brother. conditions were good, overcast with a slight chop on the water. me and my brother started out by chucking some musky lures. I was usuing a black and orange grinder spinnerbait and he was throwing a top raider in the same colour scheme. we were fishing deeper weeds in 10 fow off a point of an island and within no time were had 2 fish in the boad, 2 bad they were both two 3lb largemouth. it gave us more hope as we moved to our next location.

muskybuckhorn.jpeg

our next spot consisted of a weedline in 14 fow that carries into a bay, still chucking the grinder spinner bait out I hit a nice musky an hour into the morning. my brother quickly grabbed the met and we landed the first ski of the day. not a bad start.

mikejuly9muskyBH.jpeg

we continued to fish the area and got another strike but missed it.

we decided we would go do some bass fishing on some thicker lilly mats with some blue and black chigger craws and a live target and spro frogs. we caught a bunch of largies ranging from 1-3lbs. not the biggest of the day but heres a pic of the old man with a decent LM

buckhornbass.jpeg

we continued our search for more musky and went to one of our locations that has always produced musky. I continued to use the black and orange grider and the hard work paid off. I hooked into a beauty 43 incher. what a great fight she put up, after a couple minutes she was in the boat, couple pictures and released.

mike42BHski.jpeg

mike42inchmuskyBH.jpeg

after that musky we didn't have anymore follows or strikes, we tried other baits including double 10 cowgirls, and various crankbaits and jerkbaits. we decided to go in search of some bass. by the end we caught a few more largies but we ended up hooking into 2 nice sized walleye. 1 I got on a spinnerbait, and my dad got another on a cheap $2 that he wanted to try and caught the eye on the 1st cast.

buckhornwalleye.jpg

dadBHwalleye.jpeg

all in all it was a good day on the water :clapping: it wasn't my brothers day for musky, mut he did a great job netting mine :whistling:

Edited by shimano19

Good days fishing!! Before anyone jumps down your throat, please remember that vertical holds on big fish can be just as fatal as slashing their gills. Two handed holds are much better, besides, they make small fish look bigger.