400 North this weekend...

NAW

is going to be a wee bit slow through Barrie!

The 400 side of the hwy 11 split is down to one lane for construction. If they don't open the second lane up, she's gunna be jammed.

There was a little more the usual traffic today coming home, and it was rammed from Bayfield area up to the slit. I'm not taking the 400 tomorrow.

Have fun on the drive up!

Edited by N.A.W

HA HA HA HA Ya enjoy yer ride up all. It was bumper to bumper at 3:40pm, at the Essa rd bridge. Word is,the long weekend Friday,is now on the Thursday. Hell that was my way of thinking years ago. Leave Thursday,come home the Sunday.

Seriously though,have a great long weekend all,and be safe.

Looking forward to many reports.

Nick,ya home all weekend?

Edited by Misfish

Buddy, my weekend is so packed with things. Helping friends move, SAR fundraiser in Midland, 5 year wedding anniversary, friends birthday..... I could keep going.

I am hoping to wet a line for a few hours across the road. We'll see. Fire me a pm if your in the neighbourhood!

Just north of there on hwy 11 they are working on the bridge at the Gull lake narrows , when I was coming home southbound last week it was backed up real good . Can't imagine what it is going to be like this weekend if they have not opened up some lanes :wallbash: Drive and play safe everyone !

They never keep the construction lanes closed during the weekends or holidays.. They've already cleared the southbound lanes of the construction pylons (I just got back from Coldwater about 20 mins ago)...

On the way up today at 3:30 or so it was jammed from Mapleview all the way to the split, lol. Tomorrow is going to be chaos.

Does anyone know what they are doing at the split? Almost looks like something significant.... It would be really nice if the lanes on the 400 north ramp where re-paved... That's a fun corner to take at 100.

Edited by N.A.W

I couldn't work out the Friday off, too much work to do with a major client. Also, in Toronto, everyone knows Thursday is the new Friday.

My plan this year: book the Tuesday, leave Saturday at o-dark-thirty and be on HWY11 before 6AM. Drive home Tuesday afternoon. Let's hope it works out!

Does anyone know what they are doing at the split? Almost looks like something significant.... It would be really nice if the lanes on the 400 north ramp where re-paved... That's a fun corner to take at 100.

I think that's exactly what they're doing... At least I hope! The pavement going over the bridge is horrible.

They are building a temporary bridge, so that they can build a new bridge in the original spot.. and then tear down the temporary bridge when the new one is done. Tax payers money at work!! Why not just build a new bridge and tear down the old one when it's done?!

They are keeping people working. Somebody missed the memo that talked aabout how we need PRIVATE enterprise to keep the govt going. We are on a sinking ship with big govt. I wonder what was wrong with the old bridge?? Re-paving it would have been nice. Replacing it??????

Bridge's aren't as simple as 'repaving'

Being in the industry, I have seen some nasty/high risk stuff that alot of times isn't taken care of, putting all of you at risk.

Before you go and complain about your 'tax money' do some research.