Another Bait & Tackle store is trying to make it in Barrie

misfish

Yes I was surprised to see a sign,LIVE BAIT.

On my way to the local bakery,I seen the sign,Live Bait. As I looked,I didnt see much in this little side street mall.

On my way back,I pull into the lot and there is this small little retail shop. Had to check it out.

We have had two in the big city of Barrie,and all have closed up. Crazy thinking were on the big lake of Simcoe,but fishing from shore is not the greatest here,but spring and fall and winter, works the best here.

Just a hop and a skip from the closed up Rack and Reel,the new shop has open up.

The Bait Bucket

230 Innisfil st.

As I walked in,I was greeted very friendly. I wasnt over shocked at the store,as it was just getting underway and is small,but has that comfort feeling.. Very friendly fella though. It was good to listen and share about buying local,and giving what the locals are looking for (He knew the history of the others). This guy seems to be on the right page IMO He wants to support the angler.. Listen to the customer,and do the best he can. My kinda guy.

I was even up front. If Im saving me gas,or buying on line,I,ll be buying from him. I was straight up. Those that support local Im sure can relate.

I wish Tom all the best here in Barrie.

On a side note.

He has a very nice collection of old lures and reels..

AND HAD

MY TWO LUCKY LAKER LURES. I BOUGHTEM UP.

Edited by Misfish

hds 8 and sidescan along with transducers are mounted, just need to tidy put the wires

tracks and crossbeam and downriggers are done, just need to wire them up

front hds5 and electric ..well working on them but stuff for lakers first

old honda hooked up and steering rod to main motor working

darn near good to go....come on long week end

• 4 months later...