Need expert opinions on potential selling value

muskymatt

How much would you ask for selling price of this combo?

1989 springbok superpro v 190 boat with;
2 yr old professionally rebuilt 1 5/8 west coated mahogany transom, good for another 20 years
rebuilt interior
80lb terrova I pilot with remote
hds 7 lowrance gps sonar
4 yr old merc 9.9 pro kicker with controls, power tilt and start
2009 etech 115 (bought new out of box in 2011) 2.5 years left on warranty(only 2 seasons on it)
Sirius radio cd
2 year old galv trailer with brakes, crank stand and spare inc.
brand new cannon mag 10 a down rigger, balls, clips
planer mast
On board charger
2 new deepcycle batteries
new cranking battery
navionics great lakes and navionics Canada and Alaska chips
Boat ropes
4 bumpers
Live well
Tie straps
2 transom savers
Spare ss prop with new hub, never used

Sweet boat in excellent condition
Edited by muskymatt

The book value on the boat alone in 6k. And its been totally overhauled , with some customizing

Book value on an old hull is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. All the add ons are awesome, but that hull is going to hurt you terribly wether or not the work has been done to it! People won't pay much for a hull of that vintage and it hurts the overall picture. That's the trouble with doing up a rig like that unless your in it for the long haul! Sorry I can't evaluate a price for you, but best of luck!

How much would you ask for selling price of this combo?

1989 springbok superpro v 190 boat with;

2 yr old professionally rebuilt 1 5/8 west coated mahogany transom, good for another 20 years

rebuilt interior

80lb terrova I pilot with remote

hds 7 lowrance gps sonar

4 yr old merc 9.9 pro kicker with controls, power tilt and start

2009 etech 115 (bought new out of box in 2011) 2.5 years left on warranty(only 2 seasons on it)

Sirius radio cd

2 year old galv trailer with brakes, crank stand and spare inc.

brand new cannon mag 10 a down rigger, balls, clips

planer mast

On board charger

2 new deepcycle batteries

new cranking battery

navionics great lakes and navionics Canada and Alaska chips

Boat ropes

4 bumpers

Live well

Tie straps

2 transom savers

Spare ss prop with new hub, never used

Sweet boat in excellent condition

tumblr_mbi55fbitm1rp5r3ao1_1280_zps75d44

I would suggest trying to part it out. All if your add one will fetch good money but as pork pie said, the hull is going to hurt you. You might get lucky though. For $15000.00 I would be tempted to grab it and swap out everything on my current boat and sell the hull separately

Book value on an old hull is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. All the add ons are awesome, but that hull is going to hurt you terribly wether or not the work has been done to it! People won't pay much for a hull of that vintage and it hurts the overall picture. That's the trouble with doing up a rig like that unless your in it for the long haul! Sorry I can't evaluate a price for you, but best of luck!

I have to agree. The value is there but the buyer may not be.

I did an extensive rebuild on my '87 Starcraft CC including full aluminium floor, everything short of new paint and motor. The intent was to keep it for a long time and those enhancements would pay for themselves. I was in the process of shopping for a new motor when I came across the perfect boat (for me) at a serious discount. (New, non-current $10k off)

I had no trouble selling the CC because the value was there, the buyer was in love with it and didn't need financing for $6,000.

Not everyone will have $15,000 cash to spend on an older boat; financing it will be tough and somebody with a line of credit is probably going to go the new route.

Here's the good news...

You have a CC and they're not easy to come by, especially aluminium. You'll have that market (albeit small) to yourself.

Compare what else you can get for 15k (especially in the used market) and I doubt anyone would pay that for this boat. Regardless of the accessories attached, it's still 24yrs old.... I'd expect closer to 10k.

Probably 8-10k. Not what you want to hear but its an old hull, refurbed or not, its old. Good luck!!

I was going to say the same. Didn't want to come across as a low baller. 10 would be my max, if it were I.

Good luck with the sell.

Thanks for the input guys. Just can't get my head around the pricing though even if it is an older hull. Its aluminum and in top shape , shouldn't that be what matters ? The etec are $13, 000 new, this still has 2.5 yrs warranty left. The kicker was almost $6000 alone and is only 4 yrs old the I pilots are $1500. That's almost $20, 000 of power within the last 4 yrs not including anything else, like the $3500 new trailer. Its got to be worth more than $8-10 , no?

Maybe breaking it down wold be the way to go instead of basically giving it away.

Thanks for the input guys. Just can't get my head around the pricing though even if it is an older hull. Its aluminum and in top shape , shouldn't that be what matters ? The etec are $13, 000 new, this still has 2.5 yrs warranty left. The kicker was almost $6000 alone and is only 4 yrs old the I pilots are $1500. That's almost $20, 000 of power within the last 4 yrs not including anything else, like the $3500 new trailer. Its got to be worth more than $8-10 , no?

Maybe breaking it down wold be the way to go instead of basically giving it away.

I feel for ya, bud!

The problem you face is none of this is over-the-counter new. The ETEC is worth about $7500-$8000, Merc $2500-$2800, Terrova $900-$1100... we've already chiseled you down to $11,900 on power.

You're taking a bath on depreciation and taxes just because this stuff doesn't ring through a cash register. It sucks but I really think that's the way it is.

I don't think anybody can question the value in this package and I'm just throwing out numbers off the top of my head, so keep that in mind. I just don't think that finding the right buyer will come easily.

You might do a lot better by finding a suitable used engine to match the vintage of the hull and sell the power items/electronics separately.

Can I ask why you're selling it? I've seen it on the MCI forum and you've done a great job!

Compare what else you can get for 15k (especially in the used market) and I doubt anyone would pay that for this boat. Regardless of the accessories attached, it's still 24yrs old.... I'd expect closer to 10k.

I feel for ya, bud!

The problem you face is none of this is over-the-counter new. The ETEC is worth about $7500-$8000, Merc $2500-$2800, Terrova $900-$1100... we've already chiseled you down to $11,900 on power.

You're taking a bath on depreciation and taxes just because this stuff doesn't ring through a cash register. It sucks but I really think that's the way it is.

I don't think anybody can question the value in this package and I'm just throwing out numbers off the top of my head, so keep that in mind. I just don't think that finding the right buyer will come easily.

You might do a lot better by finding a suitable used engine to match the vintage of the hull and sell the power items/electronics separately.

Can I ask why you're selling it? I've seen it on the MCI forum and you've done a great job!

I'd say these guys are pretty much in line with a 10-12K price. The older haul is the killer but a coat of paint and you never know what will happen. Can always start off at 15K and come down from there. It certainly sucks after all the money you put into her. You might do better at parting it out.