Rod question

How long was it? How much was broken off? You could put a tip top guide on the end and, if necessary, adjust the line guides to suit the new length. The rod won't fish the same but still might be very serviceable. Whether or not this is makes financial sense or not? :dunno:

Thanks for the advice guys :) the rod is a shimano Clarus. I like the idea of using it for a trolling rod. I believe it's rates for 2-6 lb line. What would the rod be able to handle now?

Used one of those rods for years. 2-6lb UL 6 1/2 footer. So... now you have a 6.3 or a 6. It'll still do plenty for ya, and well too.

I see you live in Mississauga , give Aikmans a call at 905 277 3595 . If it can be fixed/replaced under warranty they will help you out . Been dealing with them for years and no problems or questions asked !

They are kinda out of the shimano rod business when it comes to warranties yes (too many scammers) but give them a call anyway and they will help you or at the very least point you in the right direction .

Aikmans doesn't do returns for Shimano rods anymore. At least not when I went there a year ago.

Add a tip top guide and use the shorter rod for other fishing. Actually, you may find the rod is now perfect for finesse fishing for walleye or small mouth bass using 4 to 6 lb mono (1/8 to 1/4 once jigs etc). Most ultra light rods I have come across are way too wimpy anyway.

Edited by Dabluz