Tackle Insurance

Dan668

Ok going to look into it. Is their a company that will insure it outside of home owners insurance? Just wondering because that my parents policy, not that it matters, wouldn't want my claims raising their rates.

I just insured my tackle and rods with the company that is insuring my boat, they wanted me to insure with homeowners . as did all the other companies I contacted, but they agreed to insure for $5000.00 value

well I don't have it yet boat sure be here next week (delayed again) and I don't know the name of the insurance company, can't remember if he told me

but this is the broker who quoted the insurance

Tupling Insurance Brokers Ltd
198 Holland St. East,Box #10,
Bradford Ontario L3Z2A7
(905)775-3379

yep, insure my tackle among almost everything else too, only takes 1 unfortunate incident to learn ya....my boat policy covers theft from my boat, docked, trailered/parked while on the road or parked at my residence...up to 10K, it was the number i asked for and no questions asked...includes all tackle and electronics

I do keep electronic copies of my receipts for big purchases as well as a photo inventory of almost everything

my boat insurance for the year cost 846 but that includes ocean/fraser river coverage

my tenant insurance covers theft up to 30K from my truck, NOT including my mountain bike, to insure a 5K bike would cost almost 1K alone...LOL

that tenant policy covers laptop, cameras, firearms (as long as legally transported ie restricted only to and from the range) other hunting gear, optics, snowboard, clothing, etc

few buddies think i'm nuts, but considering the one loss i experienced, i feel a bit better now for minimal dollars spent

It's definitely something people only think about after a theft or a loss !!!! And yes it's a great thing to have specially when the average rapala can be $10-15 man in just a few trays I would have $1,000 it's mind boggling that's for sure !!!! Take pics of everything and documents. Good ideas !!! Tight-lines

Thinking the same thing, Pics. I wouldn't purchase any special "tackle" insurance unless you get a fuzzy feeling by being over-insured. Your possessions are covered automatically under homeowners, unless specifically written otherwise ...even if the equipment if off-property, ie, in the boat, in car.

Taking photos are keeping receipts/records is the best approach...and check your possessions limit, basic policy cover around 25,000.00, which adds up quick when you own couch, bed, dressers, fishing gear, guitars, canoes etc etc.

It is not so much that it is over insured it is making sure you have the correct insurance and enough insurance to cover the situation when you make a claim. In most cases homeowner insurance does not cover tackle stored in the boat or if the boat is stored off site such as a marina. They also do not cover any items removed from a commercial use vehicle. The best way to know if what you have is correct is sit down with the agent till you have answers to all of your questions because knowing "before" a claim is the best way to purchase the correct type/amount of insurance.

Art