Gas Price increase

holdfast

2 weeks ago our gas went up from 103 to 113. Apparently so did yours. I predicted ours would go up twice to Rip us for the May long Weekend. Move number one happened this morning in Regina and Saskatoon. A jump of six cents. Soon the whole province will be Paying $120. This is insanity and thievery. Before the latest jump on the news some consumer advocate figures that we are all paying at least an extra 20 cents for no reason. The Katrina tragedy has started a unprecedent trend of gouging. The governments are making no moves while the oil Companies are enjoying huge profits like never before. No body wants to do nothing so prices keep going up. I say that we just stop buying gas from a company every 2 weeks. One day wont hurt them but give it a couple of weeks. Something has to be done. Oh yea, Ontario wait for it. Its coming

gas here, went from 107.9 to 102.6 that i have seen, but your right, we need to do something about this, i have heard of prices rising to 1.25 a litre within the next couple months which is gonna make me not want to take my yearly trip for bass opener, well, unless i start saving now....

should get some tax relief for all this hijackin and rape...

i wonder what the roads would be like if we all drove mopeds :rolleyes:

Edited by HeyBud

Well there's no stopping them on the price gouging. The government has already said they are not going to look into the price gouging problem and the oil company is enjoy the fruit of record earning. The higher the gas price, the more tax the government will be able to receive so they are in the same boat. As for us, not much can be done. Right now, the gas company is raising up the price for them to have yet another record for the summer season.

High gas prices and higher profits for gas companies are the fruits of the capitalism that you and your parents helped build !

Demand is inelastic, so even if price goes up, demand sticks .

The most you can do is either buy cars with smaller engines, hybrid cars, or jtake buses/bikes/carpool .

The price is gonna keep going up until it hits a point where it is no longer worth it for Canadians to buy gasoline. Simple as that.

Edited by grilw

I love how the gas here up north were nobody can afford it is higher than the city, because we don't sell as much, so the gas companies make sure they get there money anyway. 112 today in Parry Sound and my predictions are a miraculous shortage of gas on the long weekend, it will jump to around 150 or close to it.

Its really going to hurt people who drive for a living like me. I dont get any compensation for my gas and I dont get an increase in my pay either, so my profit is much less than it used to be. These bloodsuckers can do whatever they want because they know we cant do anything and the government is raking in so much cash it will just turn a blind eye regardless. Prime Minister Harper said if gas hit 85 cents a litre he would axe the gst on gas, well it is well past that and has been for some time. Guess he is a typical politician after all. So we the consumers just have to bend over and take it once again. :stretcher:

Till Canadians take matters into our own hands,the GV will always take advantage of us

46% in taxes on fuel,its only 4% from being illegal

Anyone ever thought how we get taxed on good and services

Well we get taxed for tax,just calcualte GST/PST and it form and you will realize how long the GV has conducted itself Illegally

It is illegal to tax tax, Yet they do

Liberal,PC,NDP ,call em what you want,I call em Scoundrals,deviviant and disshonest people running our country who essentially have no pride or integrity of what they represent

There are no good politicians ,group em together and we call it GV <_<

Maybe we need another inquiry :whistling:

Edited by marc thorpe

the new study out is just to convince people that getting gas at around a dollar is good, and as Canadians, we'll think settling for around a dollar will be a good deal. One year ago, everybody was ticked if they mentioned gas at one dollar. With all of Canada's resources, we should be living tax free, but with all the crooks getting rich on what belongs to all Canadians, they keep making more taxes. Now soon we'll all be paying the green tax, what scam can they think of next.

They are planning on adding movie, wine, garbage tax.... Sometimes I wonder, where did our property tax go? As for the gas..... if demand is low, they'll increase the price; if the demand is high, they'll still increase the price. I so want to see how much they'll bump up the price when there's one small hurricane in the states.

The former gas crusader Dan McTeague is fairly silent now as well. Another inquiry will turn up nothing. Unfortunately when you have a PM from Alberta and a US President from Texas, where do you really think their loyalties lie?? Oil money put them in power and will keep them there. I hate to sound cynical but I am. Big oil can do what it wants for the forseeable future.

As usual the government is studying the issue, but I heard this morning thet the Minister of Graft and Corruption isn't interested in doing anything

so I leave with one final word.............screwed

OK two words............. screwed again

Gas here in Kitchener this morning as I filled up was $1.00/L. I'm glad I drive a 1.5L 4cyl. That $40 I just spent will last me 3 weeks or about 575km. Who would even think of buying a vehicle with a HEMI in it.

And I can even take both my boats with me when I go fishing.

101493.jpg

HeyBud do you think that we could still fit the trailer hitch on the moped? :D

We need it, they know it, and they are going to raise prices until all out anarchy. I don't believe staging 1 or 2 week boycotts will work. In the long and the short of it the gas come from selected refineries and are processed by individual companies. I believe they all own or are owned jointly.

I don't like paying too much for gas either but I refuse to put things on hold until they bring down prices. I may not be contributing to a solution but in my own personal opinion I do not believe a solution is any where in the near future.

Enjoy your summer. Do what you can do to limit gas use, but don't put on hold or cancel things you love doing. It will only get worse if the prices continue to rise and you missed out on things like fishing trips or camping trips, due to gas prices.

Easton

everyone just needs to stop buying gas for 1 day once a month

they want to play games with us well u have to play back

but the hardest thing is u need gas to commute take a day off work just for this

The only thing we can do about the high gas prices is bend over & take it like a man. Don’t expect a reach around in return. It’s doesn’t matter what government you are talking about, they all could care less about high gas prices because they make off with the taxes on gas.

I think I’ll need to look into getting a good bike that I can tow a canoe behind.

I had to change my fishing plans for this weekend due to these gas prices. Was going to fish the north side of Lake St. Clair for some smallmouth (Michigan has catch & release season) but have since changed that to fishing the Detroit River for some walleye since the launch is less than 20 miles from my house.

I was going to fish the Kawarthas for the musky opener but that plan has been canceled.

I wont let these Gas prices stop me from what I want to do. We work to hard during the week and think way to much about what we want to do in our free time to allow The government and Oil Comapies ruin our plans. Yes Gas is more expensive, yes I will walk/bike more often, yes I will be cutting back in other areas to compensate however going up north and fishing are two things I am not giving up. Life is way to depressing as it is.

If anyone can think of a good way to protest against this..I'm in. Do I think there is a resolution...no....no one has come up with one yet.

Just get out their and enjoy it.....leave the worries behind. It may come to a point one day when most of us really wont be able to afford to do this anymore. So better enjoy it now!

Boycotts will just drive prices higher. Gas companies want you to lower your demand - They want to supply less for a higher price. It's pretty simple, you get less for your money, they supply less and make more. North America was built around driving. Once economies start to suffer due to lack of car travel, the government might do something. Until then, no one is forcing you to fill up.

You can't boycott something whose demand is as inelastic as gas. The necessities are great while substitutes are few and far between. It'd be like boycotting air. Oil companies will charge what the market will bear, and judging from the sustained demand, they will keep screwing us for the foreseeable future. You want the prices to come down? Pray for a recession, or for greed to take over petroluem industry as it did in the 80s.

Im not going to say we should just except it and take it up the hole,but the goverment knows whats going on,they have admitted to it. They promise and we vote then comes the shaft. Im in no ways well off to worry about the price of fuel,but theres no way in hell Im going to let it stop me from enjoying the sport. Fill,er Mac,I got some fish,n to do. :Gonefishing::Gonefishing: