Gas Price increase

holdfast

Guest lundboy

Well you pretty well know that it's all a scam when some government opposition people make a phony demand to investigate oil price gouging, and the slimy prime minister says "there will be no investigations".

It would have cost a ton of money to do the investigations, but at least he could have said something more placating like: "Yes this is out of control and we need to look at our options".

But we all know that as long as the politicians are on the take from big oil (especially Harper), we are all gonna get screwed.

Isn't it kind of suspicious that the same oil company that had the fire now has a power failure that will take a week to fix just before a long weekend? After the long weekend they will lower the price slightly and that will become the new norm saying it's because the reserves are down even further.

Yet they won't spend a dime of their ridiculous profits to build new refineries!

The price of gas is the same for everyone....rich or poor. I don't like it when the price of gas rises either. I could sell my boat, vehicles and the rest of the gas powered toys I have but I choose not to. You won't affect gas prices by squawking on a fishing board. Your best option is to put yourself in a position where you can afford it.

We have to plan ahead to buy several horses to pull our boats (SAILING Bass boats). All those government environmental talk is a way for them to get big bucks. If they really want $$$ to research for the environmental friendly mode of transportation, I'm sure they can find the $$$ from all those free golf pass, $3 million office refit for Toronto's Mayor, $1 million airfare from our Ontario Preimer. With 50% on gas, heating fuel, electricity, does our government want Canadian to stay home not going anywhere, start farming, and burn wood to keep warm in an apartment?

Edited by Steelcat

Well MRPIKE hit the nail on the head! everyone stay home for a week, spend time with the family and send a clear message! see how the corporate bullies like that! the only way to hurt oil companies is in the wallet!!, I hear people saying buy a small car, I have one for commuting, but I work very hard, why should I give-up the sport I've enjoyed my entire life? sur I could sell my boat, but then who gets the last laugh. the trouble is trying to get everyone united! the other option is to boycott one big company like Petro-can , then hurt them one at a time. My 2 cents

We need to stop complaining & do something about it & I as well as several others have posted here that you need to buy oil company stocks. This is not a joke but sound financial advice.This is no different then hedging the Canadian Dollar fluctuation vs the American dollar. If 1 goes up the other goes down & you maintain you your retirement dollars. Invest only $10,000 & you are hedged forever & this works even if you have to borrow the money.I did this after the rediculous prices in the late 70's with $25,000. I kept this in it's own portfolio to track it. I have never paid for ANY GAS PERIOD & 2 years ago I bought a fully loaded Yamaha V175 Pro Walleye Boat from this account. With all of this my investment portfolio is now $53,455 {After paying my gas & new boat} The time to do it has never been better then now & here's why. China's industrial demand is sucking up all resources faster then they can be produced. The USA is about to bring $20 million Mexicans on board who can now get a drivers license & hense a car & interest rates are still relatively low. Our gas prices are cheap by world standards & this is about to end with the new world order. It should be evident that we are getting squeezed out of the "cheap Arab oil" & all H is starting to break out over our future ability to get sufficient oil supplies. In the future {sooner then later} we will be happy to get oil regardless of the price. The world is made up of doer's & talkers. The future has never been so clear. In 20 years the doer's will still be driving cars {compacts} & the rest will be on Scooters & Bikes.

The price of gas is the same for everyone....rich or poor. I don't like it when the price of gas rises either. I could sell my boat, vehicles and the rest of the gas powered toys I have but I choose not to. You won't affect gas prices by squawking on a fishing board. Your best option is to put yourself in a position where you can afford it.

Holy Crap!!!... ya mean I actually gotta work for a livin' now???... what a novel idea!

I've got my moped reserved for my T.O/Lakair trip, so if a blur with 2 large suitcases and a rod tube passes ya in the fast lane doin' 150kph.. honk, it's me!!!