Cottage Resort suggestions

mattyk

Howdy folks. Looking for any suggestions for a cottage resort that is family friendly with a nice beach and some half decent bass/pike and panfish for the kids. Looking for somewhere about 3.5 hours from Newmarket. Thank you.

When I was a wee one Dad use to take us to Jakes Blue Roof Cotages. I havent been there in probably 4-5 years, but they had a beach, fishing, and The town of Campbellford right their. Maybe someone can confirm if the choclate factory is still there and theres also a Provincial park of some sort near by as well. We always had great service.....hmmm reminds me I should book.

If you want a camp that runs a bit of a children's program (such as scavenger hunts, kids fish derby, bingo, etc), I would try Dry Pine Camp on the French River in Alban. They don't have a beach but have an inground pool. It's also fairly close to Sudbury where you can visit Science North. Some local attractions are the French River visitor centre and the French River Trading Post where you can have lunch, or buy a t-shirt, or take a picture of your kids with the Hungry Bear and/or Blueberry Hound (that was an annual thing for us with the kids who are now in their 20's)

meaning the owners of said resort... Perhaps the admin team needs to update the rules then, removing spam from them and allowing every business to post in every thread offering their services..

I fully expect when I ask truck questions about which brand I should be looking at, I can expect Chevy, Ford and Dodge dealers offering to sell me one and direct me to their website.

Or when I ask about a BBQ, to have purveyors offer to sell me one here in public.

The rules need to be amended if that is the case and how OFC operates now Roy.

Just say'in

G

Spam will get you banned faster than anything else. Spam is any unsolicited business ad or offer. If someone happens to ask about a product or service you may offer, then you are of course free to mention it. If you come in here and spam, you will be given a pretty rude welcome by the population and it will only hurt your business! We have very reasonable ad rates and can set you up very quickly. Contact TJQ for ad rates.

I dont believe Matt asked about this lodge... it was a very general question

So can we have every lodge that visits here offer their service to this member? for every post a member makes looking for advice on a lodge?

Or boat dealers offering to sell boats to members that ask general questions like "what size boat is right for me"

I hope this is not the case.

G

a general question Rob.. could you imagine if every outfitter replied to every post a member makes asking about resorts? or every truck dealer replied to every post about trucks? Or every boat dealer offered to sell a boat to a member here?

Guess I am alone in this...

No commercial listings in the classifieds... but the main forum is free game.. Where do you draw the line..

I give up... not my board not my worry. Run it the way they see fit.

G

If you're referring to my post as spam, it was not intended as such.

It comes from my family experience of going to the same spot for the last 18 years for a week in July with my family. I have no affiliation with the owners of the lodge, the restaurant referred to, or Science North period.

If you're referring to my post as spam, it was not intended as such.

It comes from my family experience of going to the same spot for the last 18 years for a week in July with my family. I have no affiliation with the owners of the lodge, the restaurant referred to, or Science North period.

No not yours wild rainbow. :)

Spam will get you banned faster than anything else. Spam is any unsolicited business ad or offer. If someone happens to ask about a product or service you may offer, then you are of course free to mention it. If you come in here and spam, you will be given a pretty rude welcome by the population and it will only hurt your business! We have very reasonable ad rates and can set you up very quickly. Contact TJQ for ad rates.

I dont believe Matt asked about this lodge... it was a very general question

So can we have every lodge that visits here offer their service to this member? for every post a member makes looking for advice on a lodge?

Or boat dealers offering to sell boats to members that ask general questions like "what size boat is right for me"

I hope this is not the case.

G

What are the rules on hijacking a thread?

Matt if your looking for outstanding panfish fishing for the youngsters Rice Lake is the place I'd steer ya. There's plenty of resorts to choose from. Whispering Pines outside of Keene is really nice and close to some outstanding fishing spots. They don't have a beach but do have a nice pool for the wife and the kids. There's a place right down the bank called Anglers Retreat that has a beach but it's not near as nice.

Good luck in your search

Edited by Whopper

Another good one that we've been to a few times is Pine Vista Resort on Stoney Lake outside of Lakefield, Ontario.

Great kids programs (give the parents a break) and 'grown-up' programs if you want to take advantage of them. Nice in-ground pool and awesome beach area.

Check it out...

http://www.pinevista.com/