Charger for Deep Cycle Batteries

Matt Janes

Just wondering what other members are using to charge their deep cycle batteries. I'm in the market for a new charger. Anyone use the Noco Genius line of chargers? A friend of mine has a nautilus and seems to like it quite a bit. I'm not looking for an on board and trying to spend around $100.

Thanks,

Matt

I have 2 of these that I use to charge my batterieson the boat. I have had zero issue with them. I am sure there are better out there but it does the trick.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/3/Batteries/BatteryChargers/PRD~0111504P/MotoMaster+12%2B2A++Automatic+Battery+Charger+with+75A+Engine.jsp?locale=en

Identical to the one I use. Had it for years now. No problems with it. :good:

Best one I ever owned was a Guest charger.

Yep, a Guest on board charger for me too. It's just so much easier to just get home, plug the boat in and you're good to go. Same if you're away for more than a couple of days at a lodge or camp....plug the boat in and you're ready to go anytime.

Guest also for me. I have my batteries load tested at the start of the season and the 7 that are on guest charger are going on there 6th season and reading at over 80% for the lowest one. My little pond boat has been maintained on a Black and decker smart charger and it failed at 4 seasons. It could be just the way I use them but I think the key is a good charger that is plugged in quickly after every trip.

Art

I have a battery tender plus. Good unit. The major factor for me is you can leave it plugged in & won't damage your battery. Flashing green light to let you know your battery is 80% charged, solid green light to say your battery is now fully charged. $75.00 at Ramakkos in Sudbury.