Ok Im getting REALLY ticked off now

buick14

I have been swinging some baits back in november/december and also once a few weeks ago (lucky craft real skin, xrap etc) and three (3) baits have exhibited a nice "crack" in the bottom section of the baits, causing my suspending baits to take on water and obviously sink at an super quick rate. Neither baits are cheap, and I have not been beating them off rocks on shore, not ice, and the baits do not make contact with the bottom. Fish have been caught, but landed properly etc.

Why have more than one cracked in the same areas, and of different manufacturers? Is it because I store my baits indoors and the water is to cold? I would have understood maybe a bad batch of lucky craft, but rapala as well? what the hell!!

Anybody else having this problem? its becoming costly and annoying, and I rely on these types of baits for year round use. (And yes I have properly glued 2, and gave them the dunk test and let them sit in my sink for the day and they seem ok)....but come on, seriously???????

Abuse IS NOT the problem. Anybody else exhibit this? My friend has also had it happen on 1 occasion late last year.........

Prices are increasing, quality is decreasing honestly.............

Bounce an XRap off something solid and it will crack and leak. Get it in the jaws of a 20lb pike and it will crack and leak. Want to lay odds that the plastic hollow bodies for a number of lures come from the same group of companies.

Send an e-mail to the company and chances are they'll replace it.

X2 and I suggest you wrap them up and ship them off and they should return them with a lil' sumthin' xtra for your trouble. Its costing them mere pennies on the dollar to have them made overseas and/or down south. Good luck.

Just a though Mark. Normark is located in durham so if you're ever in the area drop them off in person.

Interesting ideas and thoughts guys.....

I thought about the same plastics used etc.

As for shipping them, I'd be wasting more money , so I'd expect a little more somethin somethin lol

I did not know there was a normark facility in Durham? Cool

Yes I had a few bad rapalas and the rear eye hook on the tail would tear out on a few shad raps and normark replaced then no issues at all !!!! They are down in south Oshawa/Whitby border I thinks it's off park Rd south !!!! They are great to deal with one of the rep salesman guys name is Chris !!!! He reps all the rapala retailers in that area !!!! I also had a spool of bad braid replaced about 4 yrs ago and it was all good !!!! Hope this helps

lucky craft lures are relatively solid in my experiences.. ive had wake baits get smashed by several pike and still in decent condition, maybe just a new treble hook or tail.. but the Xraps, bounce it off a rock or have a pike or 2 hit and the lure is worthless.. also you need to be careful of where you purchase your fishing gear today.. I'm currently doing a masters thesis on organized crime and counterfeit fishing gear has become a hot commodity... know your products!!

Its nice that the company will replace them, but that doesn't bring back lost fish.

Had similar experiences with a few lure companies. Usually tell them about the inconvenience , lost fish, and they will sweeten the deal to make you feel a little better ;)

I've had a lot of grief with Jiggin Raps... they are a go to lure for me through the ice. For what ever reason, it seems that I only get a day or two out with them, before that clear plastic tail falls off. I have a wonderful collection of tailless Raps, here at home.

I did call Rapala and spoke to a customer sevice rep who told me that my problem is definately "not a common problem and that I should send in the busted baits.

Honestly, I have not done so, but I sure would like to get more than one or two trips out of a seven or eight dollar bait.

HH

Man I hear yuh! In some cases i got 2 days of less than 6 hrs total . Pisses me off, cause if I ship it to them I have to pay, my time etc for a lure $10-15, shipping to them at $7 ? Doesn't seem fair. I don't live in Durham Oshawa otherwise I would go there. I would also like to fly to Japan or where lever Lu ky craft is made and ask for a new bunch of failed lures and my plain ticket round trip including accommodation . Bet that wouldn't happen Lolololololol sweet though