Ready to go fishing!

Big Cliff

Got all my rods out and cleaned, (10 of them) (had 11 of them but my nice little Fenwick snapped in three when I flexted the tip to show Sue how nice and sensitive it was). Cleaned my reels, lubricated and respooled the ones that needed it with Power Pro 8, (couldn't afford to do all of them). Made up all new florocarbon leaders, cleaned and sorted all my tackle (3+ boxes of it). I think I am going to have to buy a bigger boat just to haul all this stuff around with me LOL.

Got the old docks all disassembled so I can salvage some of the lumber for the new ones, lumber for the new docks gets delivered on Wed.. Figured out how to make an adjuster for setting the dock heights so I don't have to work so hard at it anymore. It was really hard with the old dock system because you were trying to lift the frame and tighten the lock nuts at the same time. With the new adjuster it is easy for me to do it.

Looks like ice out is going to be late this year, I'm guessing at least two more weeks there is still plenty of ice out in front of our place, a bit of open water in the river where it opens into the lake.

Come on soft water Big Cliff needs some fish for the table!

Sounds like we are both getting ready for the softwater season Cliff. I did a big basement clean out Saturday. Then I got some of my fishing stuff ready to go. Gotta go and get some new 4LB line to spool a couple of rods for crappie and perch. I hope to get the yard raked and the boat on the trailer and ready to go this week.

Come on spring!!!

I'm going to start cleaning and lubing reels next week. I picked up some line a couple of weeks ago and will re spool a couple with mono. All the braid is going on year 3-6 depending on the reel and what it is used for. The cork on the rods gets a light sanding with some fine sandpaper to clean them up and look purty.

Fear not my frozen friends.

I have the truck full of 90 degree air and I am bringing it home this weekend.

Of course by the time it gets spread around, it won't feel like summer, but you will know that winter is gone.

Garry2rs

If you need something to practice on, those 'whistling trout' SHOULD be in the Beaver River in about a week. I was up Sunday, the river channel was still 75% frozen over and I could see a few people way y y y y y out on Simcoe . . . . . no signs of open water out there, but I'll bet the ice is gettin' pretty rotten by now . . . it would likely be a good idea wearing your 'water wings' if ya do venture out!

. The cork on the rods gets a light sanding with some fine sandpaper to clean them up and look purty.

I like leaving the layers of scale and slime on the handle. Rod sticks to the hand better, and it gives it character.

I've already respooled 2 ultralites and they are getting a workout.