Finally my new member application went through

Hi guys/gals, I have been lurking on this board for some time now and decided to join a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason I had not received a validation e-mail so I couldnt post anything. Well today I did so now I can post.

First off let me introduce myself. My name is Don and I live in Barrhaven a part of the Ottawa area. (let the Sens jokes begin) I have been a member of another board for about a year but things on that particular board have been going steadily down hill lately and it is just not fun anymore.

I have a 16.7ft Alumacraft with a 75 merc. optimax. I was down on Quinte for the first time ever this past fall a few times. Once out with Eye-Tracker on Jan . 7, on this particular day my friend and I both caught new PB eyes, his was 13.2lbs and mine was 11.2lbs. Who would have thought, out on the water Jan 7th. Being out with Eye-Tracker at his invitation certainly was a privalidge as we both learned an awful lot about fishing the big girls in the fall.

I am pretty sure I saw several OFC'RS that day as I read on here of a few who were in the same area. I hope to get to meet some of you and have decent chats with you as well.

I love to be on the water, it is the one place I am at ease and relaxed. We try to get out camping or just away from the city every other weekend starting the may 24 weekend. Every Sunday I get the boat out somewhere for some fishing. I like to fish for pretty much anything thats biting, (EXCEPT PANFISH!) I hate sunfish in particular, bad memories of a hook through the thumb. My favorite fish to target are walleye and pike. I dont mind going for bass too. And if nothing else is biting I go for cats. The Ottawa river never lets me down for that. I am lucky to live in an area where there are so many options within a short drive.

Anyway, I hope some of you recognize my name from the other board as I have seen yours on here and I am glad to finally be a member of the number 1 fishing board in Canada. Always tonnes of good topics and information and always lots of answers to questions and problems seem to be taken care of quickly before they get out of hand.

Take care and I hope I can contribute.

Don

A.K.A. Badger Shark

well Don even this board goes south every now and then, but over all a great place to park a chair and lie about fishing

welcome aboard

I thought most of us go North...but what the hay.... and what Terry said. Welcome aboard Don.

Hey Don, Nice to see you here as well. You are right, that day down in Quinte was great and a new PB was a bonus as well. I'ts nice to make the change over here for the same reasons. :wallbash:

I also live in Ottawa and I am willing to go anywere the fish are. And yes, I am a Sens fan :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Anyway, hope to see you on the water soon and happy fishing to all.

Jackel.

Edited by Jackel

well Don even this board goes south every now and then, but over all a great place to park a chair and lie about fishing

welcome aboard

Terry - you mean you lie about fishing!!!?

And welcome aboard Don - you got a great name!

Don

Man its nice to see people be so welcoming. And Jackel I am glad you joined this board too, its a much better place from what I have seen. I am surprised that it took quite a few responses to get a Sens crack in there. :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for the nice welcome and yes when I do reports I will add lots of pics if it doesnt take a computer expert to load them here. :unsure:

Badger and Jakle....welcome! I, like many others, perused at least a few boards before landing on this one. This one by far has the greatest members....not all posts are about fishing, but (and I may take flack for this), life is not ONLY about fishing...LOL. When members are in need...others jump in to help out in any way they can...that's why this isn't just a messageboard....it's truly a community. Welcome to the community...and with eyes over 13 lbs, I cant wait for more of your reports!!!! haha.

welcome aboard

I always thought going South was a good thing....... Welcome Don glad you have decided to give us a try.

Art