'TANK' Simcoe JUMBO Perch...

Slayingm

I had the privilege to guide 4 full days over the family day long weekend and what a blast it was! I absolutely love getting kids out and seeing the smiles on their faces and had a father and his 2 younger son's out for Jumbo Perch one of the days. On a different day a group of 'older' kids (guys) from Michigan and both days the target species was Big Yellow bellies and man did we hit it!
Although the bite was somewhat slow having the tracks on the 8-Wheel Argo allowed me to quickly move over the deep drifts and slush into some of my different GPS spots to locate big fish that were foraging on crayfish, small Gobies and Mayfly nymphs. I can't over emphasize how key it is to be portable and able to move around quickly some days.
Working a soft to hard bottom transition in the 30+ft range seemed to be the ticket. Good electronics like the new Marcum LX-9 and LX-5 flasher were key to easily see the key bottom transitions and fish activity we were looking for and watching fish on the screen get 'triggered' and hit the lures using various jigging action(s). Light lines, sensitive rods and concentration on the light bites all contributed to the success!
The reward at the end of the day is chowing down on a big fish fry and nothing is better for sure!

02142013281_zpse01cb790.jpg

02182013291_zpsde7b09b7.jpg

02142013278_zps0b10e560.jpg

02142013277_zps8179f88c.jpg
Remember to be safe out there and Good Fish'n... Greg.

Nice shots!

Have those photos been shopped? Looks like the colors have been brightened up. Very cool photos either way. Gotta love the Simcoe tanks!

Saturation has definitely been pumped up, perch usually don't glow unless perhaps they are from Chernobyl.

Edited by BillM

nice fish how much ice you on out there?

Tank? :dunno:

tanks-1a.jpg

Nice shots!

Have those photos been shopped? Looks like the colors have been brightened up. Very cool photos either way. Gotta love the Simcoe tanks!

Min of 18" solid black in the Perch grounds and 15-17km's out onto the main lake basin is not far off that... some of the best ice conditions in years!

Crazy Ivan: :rofl2:

I did enhance the colour 1 level but they are actually not far off that in the sun!... beautiful for sure.

Good luck to all and be safe out there! .... G.