Minnows in bag overnight?

jedimaster

Since I rarely fish with minnows, I was wondering should I open the bag or leave it closed til I get to the lake tomorrow? I just bought them and the guy filled the bag with o2. Should I cut the bag open and put them in the bucket or leave the bag closed? Fishing with them tomorrow.

Bought some last October, and after a day on the water, i brought the rest back home.3 days later, i realized i had forgoten them in the back seat, in the minnow bucket :o I opened the car and expected to be knocked down by the smell, but the little buggers were all still alive. I put an aerator in, and kept them for another week, useing them to catch a bunch of nice eyes. They are pretty tough if they are healthy when you buy them.

the colder the water, slower the metabolism and require less o2...a separate bar fridge is good or a cardboard box, so they don't get startled by the light everytime you open your fridge, active fish burn more o2 (kinda obvious)

if you happen to keep any in your baitwell or bucket/aerotor setup don't bother to feed them either, as they need more o2 to digest

I've had a pet turtle since i was in grade 5, they don't tell you how long they live when they're the size of a loonie at the pet store LOL...i prefer to feed her emerald shiners from the bait shop so she has to work for them...gold fish don't share the same survival instincts

i did pretty well keeping minnows alive by starving them, keeping them almost ice cold and avoiding disturbing them, until it was dinner time.....never got fancy with an aerator

I put my bag full in the fridge over night. The mrs,s on the other hand,well,some things, even after 29 years,dont go over so well.

When my wife was in school, I left a small leech pail that I used to use for pinhead shiners in the fridge at her apartment near Calender Bay as I used to drive up and fish on my days off (of course I was spending quality time with her as well lol) Unfortunately the lid didn't lock very well. I headed out to go in for work, and was coming back 2 days later because I had some time booked off work, I figured why waste the bait! Well, in my absence she grew disgusted with the pail in the fridge, decided to remove it and that's when the lid fell off! All over the kitchen floor and they all did the flop! Needless to say I had a very warm welcome on my return!!