Another through the ice

richyb

A "short cut" (cuts a good 2 miles to town walking across the ice there) he's most likely been using, at this time of year, since he was knee high to a grasshopper. Unfortunately Penetang Harbour has numerous springs and there's an open section of water there right now, even though there are huts out on the bay. Condolences to his father and family.

Bill.. guess there was no compassion training in your up bringing.

Edited by irishfield

Yes it is very sad turn of events. Condolensces to the family.

Somehow there has to be a better education process for people who venture out on the ice who do not normally spend a lot of time out there. What is common sense to you or I may never come into their train of thought. I know we have grilled some rules into our son regarding ice since he was 4, at 17 he still plays by the same rules. It is cheap insurance and gets us all home safe. Our prayers are with them.

Like I said Kemper.. he lives right there.. and I'm sure knows the ice like the back of his hand. Definitely not a first time crossing, just stepped in the wrong place Monday morning in the dark. 2 funerals attended, for 2 x 19 year olds in 2 weeks... is too much for this old guy!

Like I said Kemper.. he lives right there.. and I'm sure knows the ice like the back of his hand. Definitely not a first time crossing, just stepped in the wrong place Monday morning in the dark. 2 funerals attended, for 2 x 19 year olds in 2 weeks... is too much for this old guy!

Too much for any guy Irish.