Toyota Sienna

msp

I have a 07 sienna with 140kms on it. It's been solid, towed my 16' bass boat with ease. Even beach launched with no problem. As for repairs the air shocks went on the trunk. Toyota wanted $300 but I got parts from princess auto for $40 and did an easy install my self. Had the shifter lock for no reason one day getting gas, looked in the manual, pushed a reset button and never had another problem again. All in all a good vehicle.

Bought the other half one a few years ago for the family "taxi". Had a recall on the spare tire cable, but that was fixed. Biggest problem is, when loaded with the camping / get away gear and family it rides so low that if you're towing with it, it bottoms out on the access roads. Other than that its been (fingers crossed) so far, so good.

don't really see to many issues with seinna's but I'll list what i can

1: runflat tires that come oem seldom last 40k

2: soft rear suspension, don't like taking a heavy load

3: they can be tough on front control arm bushings.

4: changed many rear a/c lines on these vans

5: outside door handles seize up sometimes

overall the seinna or the odyessy are the best mini vans out there you'll be happy with it

Thanks for all the replies Guys !

Cram, that video was funny. That pretty much sums up my life.

ecmilley, thanks for the imput. Your mechanical knowledge is always welcome and appreciated on the board.

The Sienna seems great so far. Compared to the old Caravan, the Sienna is by far a superior car.

overall the seinna or the odyessy are the best mini vans out there you'll be happy with it

My wife has a sienna and I have an odyssey. I expect both to be performing well at 300,000+ miles. My 2002 odyssey has right at 170,000 miles (that's 272,000 short miles) with over half round trips from Cookeville, TN to Red Lake, Ontario, which means lots of going and very little stopping. Brakes hold up well for interstate driving.

We've followed all recommended service at the Honda and Toyota dealers. I strayed for a few months, but I'm getting better pricing at dealerships.