Sorry Toronto

Billy Bob

I guess we have to put up with the BUFFALO Bills for the next 10 years....with a HEFTY FINE of 400 MILLION DOLLARS if they do leave Buffalo........if they keep playing the way they are maybe we'll pay them to leave...LOL

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121221/CITYANDREGION/121229867/1109

We don't need the NFL here, but I want the NFL here. I have tried many times over the year to get into the cfl and I just can't do it. I even used to go to games. I would love to see the NFL here. However I think it would benefit the Bills to have an NFL team in Toronto. The Toronto/Buffalo rivalry is already strong in hockey and would be equally as strong in the NFL. Of course Buff would lose some fringe fans from ontario, but if Buffalo can't stand on its own it shouldn't be standing. jmho. Look at how much it hurts the nhl.

As long as Buffalo has a football team, I highly doubt the NFL would allow a team in Toronto...

From what I have read...only $135 million in stadium upgrades with the Bills actually putting in 35 Million of their own money...the remaining 95 million will come back to the state and county thru payroll taxes on the players...so in the long run we actually will pay nothing.

As long as Buffalo has a football team, I highly doubt the NFL would allow a team in Toronto...

From what I have read...only $135 million in stadium upgrades with the Bills actually putting in 35 Million of their own money...the remaining 95 million will come back to the state and county thru payroll taxes on the players...so in the long run we actually will pay nothing.

So, in other words, more debt for the working folks. :wallbash:

You know what's really scary about the potential 48 game season?

Last year the Leafs would have been the 6th place seed in the East, and the LA Kings would have missed the playoffs.

I hope they just cancel it. What a joke.

True. They have a few years to go. They have a decent chance at the number one overall pick if the season is cancelled if they go the same way that they did when Crosby was picked. They will at least get a top five pick again.

Are people actually buying that voodoo economics?

Think about it for a second. If the scam doesn't click, think about it a second longer.

YOU should think about it a bit more...you have 53 players all making well over a million dollars paying NYS INCOME TAXES...if they leave NYS, then NYS loses all that money....BTW Buffalo Bills are the ONLY NFL team to pay NYS income taxes......and then you have 53 players spending LOTS of money in the Buffalo area for HOMES and cars, etc....believe me, Govern Cuomo cut a pretty good deal considering many teams hold ransom over the city/state for a NEW 1-2 BILLION dollar stadium....

Taxes are based, in part, on the state where games are played and where the players live in the off season. Buffalo is the only team playing home games in NY State and for the last 5 years one of those 8 games has been played in Ontario.

In today's world a 135 million dollar reno is lipstick on a pig.

Taxes are based, in part, on the state where games are played and where the players live in the off season. Buffalo is the only team playing home games in NY State and for the last 5 years one of those 8 games has been played in Ontario.

In today's world a 135 million dollar reno is lipstick on a pig.

Yes....that's what I have been saying all along...and as far as the one game played in Toronto....they would still be paying NYS income taxes because of their residency here.

Actually the accounts for the state and county prove they pay over that amount.

As my father use to say....figures don't lie....but Liar's do figure.

But does that represent addional tax revenue; or just tax revenue from a different person? Their salaries are paid in part by ticket sales. Where would people spend their money if they didn't buy tickets to the game? If they would have other wise spent the money at local busesses, restaurants, bars, etc., then those tax dollars are not really additional taxes. It just means that players are paying income taxes instead of restaurants and their staff.

It is not that easy to figure out exactly what the true economic impact of a team had on an economy... it is easy to spin the facts though.

p.s. Re: Buffalo is the only team to play home games in NY? What about the Jets and the Giants?