Clam Ice screws

jim

I though I'd need the tool too, but I was surprised how easily they were to screw in by hand.

Also, you can simply bring a drill bit slightly smaller than the anchor screws and pre-drill your holes, makes screwing them in even faster.

Edited by LucG

Or... a cheap DIY method is to buy a broom stick handle and cut it into 4 one-foot long pieces.

Drill a few holes around the outside of your hut, attach rope to wood, and shove the wood under the ice to "brace" against the bottom of the hole. Tie the other end to your hut.

Kinda like a dog trying to walk through the door with a stick too long to fit through.

Sure, you have to drill a few more holes and get your hand wet.... but pretty cheap option!

I just bought my first ice tent a few weeks ago and I didnt think the anchors would be a problem getting in. I was just planning on hammering them in with a hammer. Any tips guys

I just bought my first ice tent a few weeks ago and I didnt think the anchors would be a problem getting in. I was just planning on hammering them in with a hammer. Any tips guys

They screw in...

I've never had a problem....

The softer the ice the easier it is.... Cold dry black ice chips and breaks a bit.... But eventually the ice anchors will grab....

And you only need 1 or 2 on the side of the hut getting hit with wind....

I usually only use one on my flip over so it doesn't blow away when I'm checking my tip up...

They screw in...

I've never had a problem....

The softer the ice the easier it is.... Cold dry black ice chips and breaks a bit.... But eventually the ice anchors will grab....

And you only need 1 or 2 on the side of the hut getting hit with wind....

I usually only use one on my flip over so it doesn't blow away when I'm checking my tip up...

Thanks dude. I was planning on putting in all 4 of them in all the time. Was probably gonna put them in even if it wasnt windy.lol Im pretty new to this ice fishing tent thing. Only put my tent together twice in the backyard. Caught nothing, but nobody would catch anything when your minnow is sitting on top of your lawn. haha

Thanks dude. I was planning on putting in all 4 of them in all the time. Was probably gonna put them in even if it wasnt windy.lol Im pretty new to this ice fishing tent thing. Only put my tent together twice in the backyard. Caught nothing, but nobody would catch anything when your minnow is sitting on top of your lawn. haha

If you have a pop up you might wanna put all 4 when its windy....

Every once in a while somebody reports a tent rolling by on Cooks Bay. Definitely anchor your hut as soon as you feel that wind come up, especially with a pop up. I've neglected to anchor my flipover and by the time I realize I'm in trouble :rolleyes: I wouldn't dare take my butt out of the chair until I flip everything back down and even then she wants to travel.. :unsure:

Dan O.