More Bacon

Pikeslayer8

Hey everyone,

Thought that I would share a picture of my Thanksgiving Turkey (American version). smile.gif

I threw on 2#'s of bacon on the top of the bird in a weave fashion. Roasted it in the oven @ 325* for 4 hrs. covered. Pulled off the foil for the last 15 minutes for browning.

Just crawling outta my bacon/turkey coma. But hey, it was worth it. Delicious! w00t.gif

DSC00750.jpg

Yea, happy belated Thanksgiving to the other southern outdoors-men that visit this awesome site. Mine was pretty good other than having my Mother-in-law visiting for 4 days. Ouch wallbash.gif

Awesome!

Thanks

Man does that look good. I think I am going to have to get me some bacon and a turkey soon haha.

Thanks Chris. I just bet you will.

I wanna try this!

Go for it Dana.

Oh man, that looks sooooo gooood!!! I'm gonna have to try that :good:

Thanks Joey. The gravy was amazing.

You know, one NF would have sufficed

I've never seen anything like this before, sure looks good though

Don't want to offend the NF internet police. dunno.gif

Bacon-wrapped bird is always a smart choice. Love it...

Thanks Joeytier

You guys sure know how to eat.:clapping: If i lived down there i would seigh 1000 lbs. That bird looks delicio. !!

Thanks Mercman. I think that I honed my bacon cooking skills in Canada, however. canadian.gif

I cook my Grouse in similar fashion, but one strip of bacon cut in half does the trick for them. :unsure:

Looks good enough to eat!!

I'll come right out and say it. Bacon wrapped foul is the way to go for succulent birds.

Bacon wrapped Grouse. worthy.gif

damn that thing looks good, but I see room for more bacon... perhaps in the stuffing... ? :thumbsup_anim:

Toad Hunter,

You so get me. Bacon in the stuffing. Marvelous.

Actually, I did. rofl2.gif

Probably one or several of the following: (?)

Potatoes

Bread

Rice

Pasta

Breakfast Cereal

I eat all of this stuff. In fact, I've eaten more of it in the last year and a half than I have the rest of my life, and I've lost between 100 and 120lbs in that time and feel so much better than I ever did. Can't be all THAT bad for you. :P

Over-eating is what makes you fat. If you eat 4000 calories a day, of anything - even just bacon, but your body and activity only burns 2500 calories a day, you're still going to gain weight. It's not magic, it's not a mystery; it's just how it works.

I have heard the paleo argument, and it's OK if you want to live like that. It may work well for you and others, and that's good. But I don't think it's for everyone. I need my carbs.

AND my bacon.

First off that looks SWEET.

I like to wrap my breasts with bacon.

Skinned goose breast,you dirty dogs. :w00t:

If Im doing a turkey like that on the BBQ,it,s the same. Skin it and wrap with bacon. I try to get to my buddies place,so I can get that double smoked bacon.

As for the other NF, off topic stuff,,,, :whistling:

Good on ya Dana.

When I did the weight loss. It was fish,chicken and greens.

Lots of cottage cheese and olives too.

Now that I did that and felt great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I LOVE MY BACON. :rofl2: