fuel stabilizer

linweir

The whole point of stabilizer is to get it thru the whole fuel system to prevent gumming, and varnishing. If you don't get it to the carbs, or injectors, you kind of defeating the purpose.

I realize it keeps your gas "fresh", but keeping your carbs/injectors clean is just as important.

I use seafoam myself. In every tank.

S.

When winterizing a 4 stroke outboard, I add fuel stabilizer into gas tank, but don't run the engine. Will it cause any problem?

Can you run it in the driveway, on earmuffs and a garden hose?

Disconnect the fuel line from the engine end, push in the little check ball and allow the fuel in the hose to drain back into the tank. Slosh the tank around to mix the stabilizer you added. Reconnect the fuel line, pump it up, start water flow to muffs, start the outboard and you'll have fuel to the carb float bowls inside of 2 minutes.

Drop the correct amount or a bit more for a full load in the tank and then top it off to mix it or take the boat/trailer for a 5 minute drive so the fuel sloshes around a bit to mix. Hook up the muffs and fire it up for 10-15 minutes to get the stabilizer throughout the fuel system. WARNING, if using Marine Stabil, double the dose if you use it to stabilize, it has more cleaners in it but less stabilizers so a double dose will work fine. That comes from their website. That's the stuff I use in my I/O starting Labour Day weekend I drop it in every time I put fuel in. CT always puts it on special in the spring and in the fall. Buy a big bottle and it will last a good couple of years.

The whole point of stabilizer is to get it thru the whole fuel system to prevent gumming, and varnishing. If you don't get it to the carbs, or injectors, you kind of defeating the purpose.

I realize it keeps your gas "fresh", but keeping your carbs/injectors clean is just as important.

I use seafoam myself. In every tank.

Foam about every second to third tank here. And stabalizer for exactly what you said above.

Bravo started first pull and ran at idle for 15 minutes no issue last week. That's stablized and ready for winter!!!