Maybe they got the message...

TJQ

TORONTO – A Toronto man and a Markham area business have been fined $70,000 for selling snakehead, an invasive fish species.

The total fine will be $90,530 with the addition of penalties and victim surcharges, and came as a result of a multi-agency, international undercover investigation known as “Operation Serpent.”

Read it on Global News: Global Toronto | Toronto man, Markham aquarium fined for illegal sale of ‘frankenfish’

http://www.globaltoronto.com/toronto+man+markham+aquarium+fined+for+illegal+sale+of+frankenfish/6442753588/story.html

no they didnt get the message tj,there will be another one to jump right in their shoes.... those things are nasty and im sure they have been released in ontario waters,they should be jailed for 5yrs,same as the truckload of them they stopped a few weeks ago with live fish !!! :asshat::wallbash: i have seen shows where they have been established,and they will attack almost anything,just more invasive garbage asian carp,asian snakehead,where will it end :dunno:

I've been in that place before, when I was working a summer job in highschool delivering beer to a karaoke bar upstairs. The owner of the bar (a kid, MAYBE 21-22) tried to pay us off in cash at significantly less than the final bill.

After convincing him that we were NOT, in fact, and illegal liquor operation (I guess the branded delivery truck didn't give it away?) he took us downstairs to our fish selling friend here that ultimately wrote the cheque for him. My guess is that most of the operations in that joint are shady...

Snakeheads can't survive out winters but all the same it's disturbing that backward cultural traditions are potentially compromising our environment. By far the more dangerous shipment was the live Asian Carp that were being brought across the border a few months back. That and the fact that the Yanks are not taking the Asian Carp around Chicago seriously.

Edited by Snidley

Snakeheads can't survive out winters but all the same it's disturbing that backward cultural traditions are potentially compromising our environment. By far the more dangerous shipment was the live Asian Carp that were being brought across the border a few months back. That and the fact that the Yanks are not taking the Asian Carp around Chicago seriously.

What!? If they can live in new york you can be sure they'll survive up here, even if they didn't survive the winters they could wipe out any small waterbody in a season! wallbash.gif

Why is there not a jail sentence? I'm not saying that because I just want to see our fisheries thrive, but because can you can't really imagine the amount of destruction those things would cause to our great lakes fisheries if they were introducted. Billions of dollars of damage if you count in all the money that was put in to make our lakes so great, the cost of getting rid of them, and the cost of bringing back self-sustaining populations.