Almost that time; purchasing or renewing your Outdoors Card

GBW

Government says I'm an old dood now and let's me fish for free :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

:lol:;):lol:

It was nice for me this year being a nonresident, did my renewal for both the outdoor card and license online.

Even got checked on one of my trips and out of the two CO's one didn't even know what I handed him B)

You sure it's on November 26th? I emailed them recently and the response said December.

Thank you for your email.

2013 renewal options will not be available until December. You are just

a few weeks to early to do your 2013 renewal. Starting in December you

will be able to renew your Outdoors Card and 3-year licences without

further difficulty. Ontario residents can renew using one of three

methods:

1) Online at http://ontario.ca/outdoorscard

2) Through our renewal phone line at 1-800-288-1155.

3) At a local issuer. A list of issuer locations is available on our

website at http://ontario.ca/wz11

Please be advised that 1-year licences for 2013 will not be available

until the end of December. If you are interested in a 1-year licence you

will need to wait until late December to make your purchase.

Regards,

Outdoors Card Centre

Ministry of Natural Resources

1-800-387-7011

Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm EST.

www.outdoorscard.mnr.gov.on.ca

www.mnr.gov.on.ca

• 3 weeks later...

OK, renewed my license today. I did it online. It never ceases to amaze me at how badly the government implements their websites. Who makes these decisions?

I've been using computers since the advent of the dial-up modem. However, I still have trouble navigating these bloated and illogical government websites. Every so-called "improvement" is usually 10 steps backwards as well. The license renewal process falls into that category IMO.

Anyway, /rant off...

Just did mine... amazed it actually worked so IMHO a big step up from the last decade that wouldn't allow anyone with an apostrophe in their name to renew online.

Almost thought I was getting a one year licence... but when I took my head out of my :asshat: and read the page. You have to select your outdoors card first and put it in the cart... then it gives you the choice of 3 year or 1 year Sport or Conservation licences. Found it painless... other than the $94.67! :w00t:

Edited by irishfield

Just did mine... amazed it actually worked so IMHO a big step up from the last decade that wouldn't allow anyone with an apostrophe in their name to renew online.

Almost thought I was getting a one year licence... but when I took my head out of my :asshat: and read the page. You have to select your outdoors card first and put it in the cart... then it gives you the choice of 3 year or 1 year Sport or Conservation licences. Found it painless... other than the $94.67! :w00t:

Over $160 for me with the 3 year fishing and small game stickers on it.

Yes Wayne but don't you feel better knowing that the 94.67 is going to support the resource! :wallbash:

On the 19th we can start issuing the fishing licenses for 2013 at our shop. We got a letter from the MNR with that info, prices went up a tad..84.99 for 3yr sport is what im after..card is still under $10 for the renew.

Doing it online sucks, although I haven't done so myself I have had to fix the many many problems that the online way made for fokes across ontario. hope the system is problem free next year, such a stress when trying to serve customers.