Trout Bummin' in BC

MJL

Those runs look incredible. The scenery alone is worth the trip. Those were exceptional Bull Trout, real monsters even for BC. Next time you guys might want to rig up a baitcast floatrod (Loomis 1263c's are very popular there for a reason). They can give you distance without the really heavy weight and they are usually shorter so you can actually jig your flies while under the slip float. Somtimes that really helps. All in all we can all see why they call BC "Super Natural"

Thanks again guys :)

Those runs look incredible. The scenery alone is worth the trip. Those were exceptional Bull Trout, real monsters even for BC. Next time you guys might want to rig up a baitcast floatrod (Loomis 1263c's are very popular there for a reason). They can give you distance without the really heavy weight and they are usually shorter so you can actually jig your flies while under the slip float. Somtimes that really helps. All in all we can all see why they call BC "Super Natural"

Definitely will consider a baitcaster next time - Mostly just for the retrieval speed. By the end of the trip, I had callouses on my thumb and index finger just from reeling my float reel :lol:. Closer to the end of the trip, I mostly used hardware on a 9’6” MH spinning rod and thinking back now, I should’ve jumped on the 10’6” GL3 before my friend did. :lol:

Advice for anyone going for bulls:

Do NOT stick your fingers into a big bull trout mouth to get your hook back. Use pliers.

:D

Was it wrong when I LOL’d when that happened.LOL