Gooderham musky/walleye

Christopheraaron

Me and a friend from gooderham (near haliburton) are going to try for some walleye sunday, we'll have the canoe and can do short portages. We're going to try bark lake but after reading previous experiences there from some of the board members I'm a little sceptical (http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46564). I'd also love to get a musky for team 4, and then have a nice shore lunch of wallye, I've looked at haas, blue hawk, and confau but this guy says that none are that good, anyone have suggestions?

I'm only familiar with the Burnt River north (upstream) from Kinmount, if you're looking just to get a muskie (regardless of size), this would be a great bet, cast the shore and obvious cover with a small bucktail spinner, as for walleye, I'd guess you have an equal chance at the 50 million in lotto max tomorrow

I'm pretty sure I caught my first muskie in the Burnt north of Kinmount

Edited by chris.brock

Thanks chris, this might be a stupid question but what about burnt river this time of year?

G may know some too... ;)

I'm only familiar with the Burnt River north (upstream) from Kinmount, if you're looking just to get a muskie (regardless of size), this would be a great bet, cast the shore and obvious cover with a small bucktail spinner, as for walleye, I'd guess you have an equal chance at the 50 million in lotto max tomorrow

Correct.

Best bet for a SKI is in kinmount. Walleye and perch (snack food) might be a different tune so to say. shore or boat fishing? that depends on my reply to you C_K knowing when and how...

one thing I forgot to add, if you try the Burnt for a muskie, retrieve fairly slow, and steady, the burning, top-water skipping stuff won't likely work this time of year, just my opinion

I've had a cottage in that area for twenty something years. If you want musky, head up to haliburton and fish head lake. You can get walleyes in there too. Pine lake, right in gooderham also has eyes. They're tricky to catch, but they are in there, and nice size fish too.

You'd probably have more fun fishing the put and take stocked trout lakes up there right now, that are open all year. This is the best time of year to fish specks and bows with an open all year season! Especially the bows!

S.

No.. If it had fit the plans, I would have taken over the family homestead on Glamour Lake years ago. Uncle died this summer.. guess my cousins will be getting the West shore now... :mellow:

That's a nice chunk of land Irishfield! Sorry you missed out on it.

I find the one thing that makes for a tough walleye/muskie bite in those lakes is the very clear water. An overcast day would help you and we have had plenty of them lately. Good luck, hope to see a positive report from you.

I've had a cottage in that area for twenty something years. If you want musky, head up to haliburton and fish head lake. You can get walleyes in there too. Pine lake, right in gooderham also has eyes. They're tricky to catch, but they are in there, and nice size fish too.

You'd probably have more fun fishing the put and take stocked trout lakes up there right now, that are open all year. This is the best time of year to fish specks and bows with an open all year season! Especially the bows!

S.

No kidding. Trout lakes galore in the area. This is about the worst time to try and figure out a new lake for walleye and about the best time for year round specks and splake.

Im going to second Head Lake for getting a ski. If there was one lake in the province I would guarantee a fish this would be it. Small enough for a canoe. try the bay with the down logs in it, other side of the lake from the town dock and then work your way back to the dock clockwise. Jerk baits will probably be the way to go and Ive had a lot of luck with jailbird suicks there.

Loon Lake has muskie as well. As for Kinmount, you can boat up to 3 Brothers Falls for smaller ones. Some of the locals blame them for ruining the walleye fishing so they often get thrown up on shore. Just don't touch land for a pee. The inbreds that own the 1000 acres around there will come after you.....