NF - Wood splitting idea

SlowPoke

At 2:40 into the video, this gentleman shows a great way to contain wood while splitting it by using a tire. I can see another benefit to this, if you miss the wood with the axe, the tire would probably prevent it from going into the ground... or your shin!

Why are so many back wood properties littered with junk?

It's disgusting.

We did a major clean up, when my parents bought their house up north. I guess the previous owners , thought it would just disappear. :wallbash: :wallbash:

It,s a sweet piece of property now. :canadian:

Why are so many back wood properties littered with junk?

It's disgusting.

Even here stateside in farm country it seems as though some people with large tracts of land are to cheap to pay for trash collection. It is not provided here with tax dollars in a lot of rural areas, an out of the pocket expense, so they take their trash into their wood and hide it from sight.

Those are all functional and well maintained, Wayne!

Do you have any rusted out cars, tv antennas, broken flower pots, bikes with no chains? Haha

ahhh no... 6 airplane wrecks.. 2 rusting dodge ramchargers.. my old tent trailer that I converted to put the 12' tinney in back in ,83.. another trailer... a JD410 backhoe.. an '83 Southwind... and all sorts of assorted crap. It's what you do with your back "20" when you own acreage. Store crap "that you might use someday".

The log split idea... gonna use that at the lake.. looks slick for slapping them poplar trees. As for the oak and maple in the yard, I'll stick to the hydraulic on the tractor!

The guy is resourceful enough that he probably uses all that " junk" you see around his place. Guys like Sinclair, throw all that "junk" away, and go buy new "junk" instead of using a bit of ingenuity to make it!

citiots have no clue!

S.

Did you buy your splitter, or build it from a rusted out truck?

Glad you didn't ask that of me... mine is made from the front axle out of an old 40's truck (c/w spindles and wheels).. a 6' I beam and a hydraulic cylinder that I picked up somewhere along the way! :D

Edited by irishfield

Did you buy your splitter, or build it from a rusted out truck?

That's what I thought.

Citiot.

Hey, I never said I was resourceful........and didn't say I had all that junk on MY property.

Also didn't call YOU a citiot.....just sayin :rolleyes:

Calling me a citiot is laughable at best :canadian:

Anyways, have a great day :thumbsup_anim:

S.

I just found it odd that you assumed all back woods properties were covered in "junk". For all you know, they could be making a living off that junk.

The comment was one I thought would come from a citiot. You know, the ones who move in to a home next to that guy, and then complain about his "junk"......meanwhile, the guy is being resourceful, and making useful things out of it. Some people just like to do that sort of thing when they have the room on their country lots to store the "junk".

S.