Really, Really BAD Taxidermy

craigdritchie

in all honestly most taxidermy i've ever seen anywhere in my life was poor quality in comparison to the work done by a local guy here... im actually shocked at the prices most charge considering the end result looks like a rubber toy...

this guy has a 3 year MINIMUM wait time for mounts... but its worth it for the fish/animal of a lifetime...

i had a largemouth done when i was younger... dad had a 54 inch musky done...a laker... 14 pound walleye... smallmouth bass... perch... crappie... pike... salmon... and my brother just got a 10 point buck that scored 150 done... all are amazing...

just thought id throw his info out there for anyone.... i dont know him personally... but IF anyone is gunna spend the big dollars to get a mount... id like to help you get the best for your dollar... i know if i ever get another mount ill be going to him....

Gary Bray-Sunset Taxidermy Std

PO Box 39,

St. Andrews West ON,

K0C 2A0

613-932-6234

I know Gary, I was a fellow member of the Canadian Taxidermy Association with him way back. A geat taxidermist and great guy.

I remember getting a call from a woman once for a price on having her Rotty mounted. I gave her a price, but could hear her jaw hit the floor; she then asked how much for just the head. I asked her where she had the animal stored. She replied that it was still alive. Yikes. I then recommended that she hire a great photo person to take some great portraits off her and her pet together rather than have the dog mounted. Never heard from her again and I hope she followed my advice.