State record Muskie rumor

mistaredone

Every year there are posts about giant Muskies that turn out to be much smaller than originally claimed, so its understanding that people are skeptical. Everyones entitled to their opinion. It a big fish for sure, but IMO not 58 lbs unless she had a diet of rocks. Time will tell, because if its as big as claimed, then it will be the new record. If it isnt as big, it will be forgotten, and all the guys thinking it isnt that big will be right.

Pics are deceiving, especially a "non traditional" shot of 2.5 guys holding it. Time will tell....

That's a dandy!

Any time someone puts up a monster fish with stats their called a liar, sad fact Mike

Probably because there are a lot of guys that are lying about the size... Or the first rumors that hit the forums have grown before the true facts come out.

The fish is also dead, so people can say what they want. Ha ha

There are lots of posts with Big Musky pics on this site from well respected members that no one questions, and there is only positive feedback.

Not every musky post goes south like certain guys pretend they do. Lets face the facts... Certain guys cant read a tape or scale, and feel they need to add length or weight... I dont know if thats the case here, but like I said, we will soon find out.

The ones actually being negative here are the ones whining about Musky posts going south. Everyone has an opinion, and is free to share it. Im willing to bet it isnt as big as claimed ( my opinion, not fact)

Probably because there are a lot of guys that are lying about the size... Or the first rumors that hit the forums have grown before the true facts come out.

The fish is also dead, so people can say what they want. Ha ha

There are lots of posts with Big Musky pics on this site from well respected members that no one questions, and there is only positive feedback.

Not every musky post goes south like certain guys pretend they do. Lets face the facts... Certain guys cant read a tape or scale, and feel they need to add length or weight... I dont know if thats the case here, but like I said, we will soon find out.

The ones actually being negative here are the ones whining about Musky posts going south. Everyone has an opinion, and is free to share it. Im willing to bet it isnt as big as claimed ( my opinion, not fact)

More times than not there are skeptics to big fish pictured with stats listed, wasn't to long ago here that a pretty well respected member/guide was the target, some claimed it was the lense work.

Sorry but that's just the way it is.

Some won't even post pics of catches for this simple reason.

Another thing, it's just not about the mighty muskie either, lots of other species get scutinzed as well.

I'm really not wanting argue this matter, it's basically my opinion.

Wow the countdown has already started on this thread.

Big fish for sure

You got that right Mike, pretty sad eh?

That's a dandy!

Any time someone puts up a monster fish with stats their called a liar, sad fact Mike

Calm down dudes. Please don't make it sound like it's a community thing. Jealousy/envy gets to everyone. The man caught a big fish. He might have gotten wrapped up in the excitement of the moment. Let it be and let the story unfold. Thanks.

Calm down dudes. Please don't make it sound like it's a community thing. Jealousy/envy gets to everyone. The man caught a big fish. He might have gotten wrapped up in the excitement of the moment. Let it be and let the story unfold. Thanks.

I was being calm Roy, just stating my opinion since others were so quick to judge some ones catch is all.

It looks like this muskie will be the new Michigan state record ( great lakes strain ).

59" and 58 lbs. caught on 8lb. test and minnow lake Bellaire.

verified by Michigan Department of Natural Resources fisheries biologist Patrick Hanchin from the Charlevoix research Station.

This fish is from the same chain of lakes that gave up the 50 lb. 8oz. record in 2009 (Torch Lake)

muskie.jpg