Slammin Trout On Closing Weekend

asdve23rveavwa

Another inland trout season has come and gone, but, not before Ryan, Tom and I hit one of our local favorites for some jerk/crankbait action.

Ryan and I have been planning this outing for awhile, and, who better to take along then Tom Cox. Tom was the person with the most pledges at this year's Fishing For A Cure For Cancer event. Tom is also fighting the disease AND is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet!

The three of us launched bright...make that dark...and, early last Saturday. Made our way to Ryan's can't miss spot for daybreak. The goal was to get Tom his first ever trout. It took all of ten minutes, and, he landed it. A pretty brown, that was part of a double header with a rainbow on Ryan's line.

IMG_7528.jpg

The first fifteen minutes saw us hook five trout, including another brown landed by myself

523734_10151023909841580_239925869_n.jpg

Both brownies were released to be caught in future years when hopefully they crack that magic twenty inch mark.

The three of us ended up having a blast with many follows, a few lost fish, and, a bunch of rainbows landed. We also got into a few bonus bass. Smaller silver bodied cranks and jerkbaits did the damage.

IMG_7548.jpg

384316_10151023910221580_1997656290_n.jpg

IMG_7547.jpg

556963_10151023910141580_694658537_n.jpg

IMG_7544.jpg

320356_10151023910271580_1320938032_n.jpg

35447_10151023909946580_342867430_n.jpg

IMG_7559.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg

247828_10151023909881580_638870879_n.jpg

NOTHING better than laughs, friends, and, hardware slamming trout!!! Best wishes to Tom in his fight!! Ryan as much as we razz each other all the time it is always a pleasure fishing together buddy!!! Can't wait to do it again!

I look forward to 3 trips a year Frank - Bass Opener , Trout Opener and Trout closer! I'm glad that had the chance to spend one of those three trips out on the water with you buddy! And I'm looking forward to hitting the ice with you and Juli again this winter... That is if we get any ice! lol It was awesome to finally hit the water with Tom as well... We'd been trying to get out on the water all summer and finally made it happen... Good times out there Tom! I still can't believe how many rainbows followed your bait right to the boat! lol I should have known better and brought some follow up baits! We'll get you that rainbow and a trophy in-land brown when the season opens back up!

Dan - As much as I enjoyed slamming trout all morning I really do wish I could have been down closing the cottage instead.... lol we'll get out and whoop on them green fish for bass closer!

I'm headed to Sudbury as soon as I can drag the family out of bed in the morning - so have a great thanksgiving weekend everybody!

Cheers,

Ryan

great report Frank. Love the colours on that fisrt bow you're holding. That is some sweet fishing hole for a conservation area in this part of Ontario. I may just have to ask you to shrae a few pointers there with me next year. Congrats to Tom on his irst trout and best wishes in your fight. I can see you have the right attaitutde to beat this thing from that big smile on your face in the first pic.

Looks fun guys. Ever thought of trying a fly rod?

We actually talked about that while we were fishing, Mike. It would definitely be a great location for it.

To everyone else, thanks for the comments. We really did have a blast, especially watching the bows following and swiping at our lures. Too bad that season is over, it really is a short window time for that technique in that water, very weather/temperature related. Last year, Ryan, Dan and I hit the same water, same week for an evening fish and couldn't buy a trout. The weather and water temp was just too warm.

For now, plenty of other fish to be caught this fall...including my favorite November steelhead.

so whats the deal with the outboard on the back?

i didn't think they would let you in with a motor on the back, even if it is trimmed out of the water, and your working your bowmount?

has this changed recently?

Ryan has a signed agreement with the LPCA, and, at no time is the gas motor ever used. Same as during the Fishing For A Cure event.

Awesome guys! Sad i missed that. :(

Thanks Rich!