Now the time to buy a Chevy VOLT

Billy Bob

yeah, screw the environment!

I ALWAYS take issue with comments like this... the fact is that for most people, the hybrids and what not, offered by most manufacturers don't meet the overall needs of many consumers... so until the manufacturers can create a solution that really works, I'll keep buying gas... and I 'm not going to get into the whole evironmental affect that these hybrids have in the long run... do some reading!

HH

I ALWAYS take issue with comments like this... the fact is that for most people, the hybrids and what not, offered by most manufacturers don't meet the overall needs of many consumers... so until the manufacturers can create a solution that really works, I'll keep buying gas... and I 'm not going to get into the whole evironmental affect that these hybrids have in the long run... do some reading!

HH

Fair enough, but they aren't designed to meet the needs of everyone. That's why you can't just walk into a dealership and buy a Nissan Leaf, you have to apply. You don't have to buy a hybrid/electric vehicle, but there is no need to criticize those whose lifestyle it fits and are willing to be an early adopter and show there is a market for such technology. The more people that buy into it now, the more funding is put into it and one day it may fit your needs. It's the same as any technology.

my buddy (auto worker) let me in to the Ford plant, I tried working on the line, there's a job a 45 year old female does, I'd welcome anyone to try for 10 hours steady and then complain about lazy autoworkers

spend 10 hours doing physically demanding work and you'll laugh at complaints from CAW assembly line workers too :whistling::thumbsup_anim: there's a reason why people "dream" of working in CAW plants and i can assure you it's not because people are looking for hard work.

how are they doing with the life of hybrid batteries? cost to replace?

Exactly... which is why I questioned your comment "yeah, screw the environment"...

HH

My comment wasn't directed at people who don't have hybrids or hybrids don't work for them (I know it certainly wouldn't work for me), it's directed at people who refuse to realize this is likely the direction cars are going and criticize the people the early adopters.

I'll say it....."SCREW the Environmentalist Wacko's"

It's one of the big reasons nothing is being produced in North America and China has more work then they can handle.

over here, nobody is willing to work for $0.75 per hour too

SCREW the Environmentalist Wacko's

we all live in the same atmosphere and on the same planet, if you live in Beijing China or Fairbanks Alaska, it's all the same air we breathe, everyone will have to pay the piper at some point

Edited by chris.brock

Fair enough, but they aren't designed to meet the needs of everyone. That's why you can't just walk into a dealership and buy a Nissan Leaf, you have to apply. You don't have to buy a hybrid/electric vehicle, but there is no need to criticize those whose lifestyle it fits and are willing to be an early adopter and show there is a market for such technology. The more people that buy into it now, the more funding is put into it and one day it may fit your needs. It's the same as any technology.

but, there is also no need to criticize those whose lifestyle does not fit, and who don't like the cars because of that. :)

over here, nobody is willing to work for $0.75 per hour too

SCREW the Environmentalist Wacko's

we all live in the same atmosphere and on the same planet, if you live in Beijing China or Fairbanks Alaska, it's all the same air we breathe, everyone will have to pay the piper at some point

But the thing is we are going TOOOO FAR with some of these things....back in the 80's and 90's we had everyone working........and now......almost 10% are un-employed....OUCH.....Oil is going thru the roof, but the WACKO'S wouldn't let us drill on areas that have more oil then the Middle East...we don't have refineries because of them...the list goes on and on and on......not good overall.

But the thing is we are going TOOOO FAR with some of these things....back in the 80's and 90's we had everyone working........and now......almost 10% are un-employed....OUCH.....Oil is going thru the roof, but the WACKO'S wouldn't let us drill on areas that have more oil then the Middle East...we don't have refineries because of them...the list goes on and on and on......not good overall.

Maybe if ________ had thought about this before going hog wild with the size of cars and capability of making gas dissappear faster than you could pump it, we wouldn't be in this predicament. Even nowadays it continues, the N/A mentality of bigger faster more power, why the hell do you need trucks with 6-7-800 ft/lbs and 350hp to move stuff that years ago only took half that. The supersizing and obesity of vehicles has to stop.