French River Muskie

bigcreekdad

Heard you got one and waiting to see the pic. I tried a top raider and patsy gave a suck a try one evening, but no takers. Glad to see you got one. Love to see the big girls.

I love topwater....my only two landed this year were on them. Conditions have to be right though.....those darn sunny, still days don't work. After dinner, it's the only lure I throw.

I love topwater....my only two landed this year were on them. Conditions have to be right though.....those darn sunny, still days don't work. After dinner, it's the only lure I throw.

I would not hesitate to throw a topwater lure at any time of day, out of any position in the boat, but that is just me.

Really nice and fat fish.

Nice fish man, congrats. If your camera has a delayed timer u can still get in the picture with your fish. I do it all the time. :thumbsup_anim:

Yes, that and laying a muskie on your carpet is pretty bad for the fish. Pulls their slim right off.

Nice fish though. Looks like they are eating up there.

That's because a hungry musky is an apex predator that will eat anything it wants to. Sometimes when a ski is looking skyward it will eat a topwater even though other appetizing lures may have passed right in front of it. Sometimes a large musky will eat a topwater in the middle of the day not because it's hungry, but because it can. It's kinda like a Chuck Norris thing.

That's because a hungry musky is an apex predator that will eat anything it wants to. Sometimes when a ski is looking skyward it will eat a topwater even though other appetizing lures may have passed right in front of it. Sometimes a large musky will eat a topwater in the middle of the day not because it's hungry, but because it can. It's kinda like a Chuck Norris thing.

Dan

Ahh....you have given me hope. Have you tried smoked muskie recently?