looking for an open utility trailer NF

chris.brock

CT stuff is probably okay,but i think you would get a better product and deal if you visited a local trailer place where they make them. Most are overstocked and you can usually bargain them down. A buddy of mine just done this with a place in Windsor got a 6x12 cargo trailer with extras including a 48 inch aluminum tread plate stone guard ,ramp rear door,and lighting . The list on the trailer was 5800. he walked away with it for 4000. In this area there are several builders all with a full lot of product.

Edited by bowslayer

In 1999 I traded my pickup in on a GMC Safari van and got one of these for hauling crap, still got it, tow it behind a Jeep Liberty now. Yard waste to the dump, yards of topsoil, sheets of plywood , lumber. Got it for a 1000 including tax but I think they are $1200 now, would never go back to a pickup. Older now and I find the height more user friendly , especially with stuff like a yard of topsoil, plus you can drop it and unload the soil as needed. Way heavier duty than the similar stuff at CTC. 3500 pound axle :clapping:

http://hitchmantrailers.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_39_56&products_id=88&osCsid=eb1cf18a96c6539f5dd813a034055986

Ask around and you might find somebody that makes them. I had a Home Depot one and it was a piece of junk and heavy as hell. I found soembody around Ottawa that makes them to the spechs that you want. I got an 8' X 5' with a drive-on drop tailgate with a removable boat rack on top. It cost me $1,400.00 and weighs about half of the one I had from Home Depot and twice has tough.

As said, I would stay away from the HD/CT junk.

I got a 6x12 galvanized landscape trailer from Eastons for a good price a few years ago. Never had an issue. Its got a 3500lb axle, and EZ lube hubs on it. All for about $3G. They make some nice stuff, and its a family run shop. I do all my trailer business there.

S.

Go to the Triton trailer site and look up their XT single snowmobile trailers. Add a stake package, build some wooden sides and back out of PT 2x4 and PT fenceboard, and you have a nice, light weight trailer that will carry loads up to 10 feet long.

Before buying any trailer from CT or HD, go to their parts departments (? for HD) and ask for replacement bearings. You will get the same stunned look from the counter person when you really need a spare hub or new bearings. One CT guy tried to sell me a hub assembly which lacked an inner grease seal- when I didn't take it, he just put it back on the shelf.