Found the Rainbows - Lake O on Sunday Morning

ccmtcanada

My little one had a birthday party/sleepover to go to on Saturday...and when I asked what time I had to go and pick her up Sunday, I was told 2pm. With that in mind, I got a hold of Fishnsled to see if he was interested in a morning Lake O fish! Quick check of the wind and wave forecast and we made some plans. The week before the forecasts said 2 - 3 footers and by the time we got out a half mile, it was more like 5 footers so we turned around and came in!

We hit the launch at 545ish...lots of other trailers in the parking lot already. We launched without delay and by the time we got out to 120 feet and got the lines in, it was about 630.

peu_20120819_40.jpg

There seemed to be a golden hour...from about 7 to 8, the hits came fast and furious! We'd have one on...lose or land it and while setting up the rod again another would go off! In that hour we ended up a measly 2 for 6 I think...Fishnsled may remember exactly.

IMG-20120819-02321.jpg

IMG-20120819-02323.jpg

The conditions were perfect, and for about an hour, the lake went smooth as glass. After that golden hour on Rainbow Alley, the hits slowed down but we had some consistent action. For the morning, we ended up 6 for 12....and ended with this little guy that was destined for Will's barbecue last night! Fish were caught between 120 and 160 feet of water...we ran 2 dipseys, one planer with leadcore and 3 oz weight and another planer with just the 3 oz weight. All 4 rods caught fish.

IMG-20120819-02324.jpg

A GREAT morning on the water once again. These fish are so much fun when you see them jumping 150 feet away from the boat...sure gets the adrenaline going! Thanks Will! We'll have to do that again soon!

Nice going guys... only wish that the weather was as good the last time we tried to venture out...

Not sure what the above comment is directed to specifically, holding a dead fish can be done in many different ways! Keep these comments up and no one is gonna post pics anymore...

HH

Some people say that if you are releasing the fish it's not great to hold them that way. Some people say....

Some people also say to get all the facts before you insinuate anything. If you are talking about the first fish, it was hooked very deeply and the gills were torn. It was bleeding so heavily it wouldn't have ever survived so it was kept. In this case we had no intentions of releasing it. Most fish were released boat side without it even coming out of the water. HH is right, there are many ways to hold a dead fish, but we wanted to get in the livewell as soon as possible.

Nice going guys... only wish that the weather was as good the last time we tried to venture out...

Not sure what the above comment is directed to specifically, holding a dead fish can be done in many different ways! Keep these comments up and no one is gonna post pics anymore...

HH

Hey Joe....the weather was perfect indeed! As for posting pics, I've had my share of being slammed on this board. I will always post pics.....assuming I have a fish to actually post lol :thumbsup_anim:

Somebody moved the blue zone Cliff. We had a similar day yesterday with the exception of 2 shaker kings, it was bow bountiful from 60 - 200 ft. Was a gorgeous day regardless. Not too many of those perfect days this year.

Cheers,

Simon

Saw a bunch of charter boats in about 60 feet of water.....assumed they were going for chinny's, so we kept going. Was very surprised to find so many bows in that depth...was a great surprise though! Still would like to meet you Simon! Hopefully we can get out one of these days!

Saw a bunch of charter boats in about 60 feet of water.....assumed they were going for chinny's, so we kept going. Was very surprised to find so many bows in that depth...was a great surprise though! Still would like to meet you Simon! Hopefully we can get out one of these days!

For sure we will Cliff :thumbsup_anim:

Great report Cliff, thanks for putting it together. It certainly was an awesome day on the water.

Some people say that if you are releasing the fish it's not great to hold them that way. Some people say....

Some people also say to get all the facts before you insinuate anything. If you are talking about the first fish, it was hooked very deeply and the gills were torn. It was bleeding so heavily it wouldn't have ever survived so it was kept. In this case we had no intentions of releasing it. Most fish were released boat side without it even coming out of the water. HH is right, there are many ways to hold a dead fish, but we wanted to get in the livewell as soon as possible.

Well said Cliff except it really was a "deadwell" that day. :P Not much more I can add but you obviously needed the whole story Snidley and now you have it. As a seasoned angler and a strong believer in conservation, I certainly don't need your lecture. That is what this guy is saying.

Edit - BTW Cliff - dinner was very good.

dinner.jpg

Edited by fishnsled

Nice going Cliff and Will :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Loads of fun when you can locate them and come out to play :Gonefishing:B)

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

It sure is fun when they come out and play. Haven't been doing this Lake O stuff for very long or that often but sure am enjoying my time out there.

So I do all the work in reeling in that fish and I don't even get a dinner invitation?????? LOL

Pretty much. It was only 400' of line and leadcore, what are you complaining about? That rod was good to you that day. :rofl2: Funny how when you were up that rod would go for you and the dipseys would go for me. :D