51.5" & a 55", Two Persona Best Fish. Hookset>Net>Release.

I agree. I have been in that situation where my partner was unable to net a giant muskie that would not fit in the net. The fish eventually got away when my partner attempted to haul it overboard by hand. The fish was too heavy, flopped, and with the gunwale for leverage - was gone. I was giddy regardless.

If someone shushed me in a boat that would be the last time we shared a boat. If I heard myself doing it - when fishing becomes that serious it will be time for me to quit.

Great muskies - congrats! thumbsup_anim.gif

Fantastic Fish....

I could not get over the ssshhhhh sshhhhh, stop laughing, this is serious....the things we do when we get excited are awesome, I typically am the opposite, screaming like a schoolgirl when I think it's a big one.

Great Fish Guys!

I gotta put my 2 cents in just cause it's Monday HAHA!

People kill me!!! Smash someone for mentioning you need a "PROPER" net... For the record .. YOUR 100% RIGHT!!!

I would expect somebody with "Pro" in thier username to know better ;)

"I personally wouldn't bother spending all that dough on a bigger net the one you have probably works fine 90% of the time"

I'll spend the money on a boat/motor,musky rods & reels, video camera etc but can't drop enough to purchase

the appropriate tools to handle this quality of fish. Bolt cutters and a proper size net are as important to muskie hunting as

any lure or rod/reel combo in the boat.

"Sometimes people aren't prepared for an epic fish like a 55" musky, it happens"..

Show me one serious musky hunter (especially one that calls himself a "Pro") that isn't expecting/hoping to catch 50"+ fish.

A proper size net actually has a calming effect oh ski's, and is less stressful when they can actually float upright and swim

while the angler is preparing for the picture. Yes reeling fish in causes stress, I think this is obvious. That's why these

nets/cradles were designed to help REDUCE STRESS AT THE BOAT!

I fished ski's with the wrong net for a short period when I started,it only took a few decent size ski's to see that a

better method is required for landing these fish.

Oh did I say GREAT FISH!!!!.... Are you goin to get a fiberglass mount made?..

Edited by RangerGuy

I could see myself saying the exact same thing... When you are bit by the Musky bug, you dont wanna lose your first 50... I would be pretty serious too! Ha ha

And enough broken records talkin about the net... Im sure Jones got the point already.

Great vids, keep m comin

I know you treat the fish with a lot more respect then most on St Clair!

I guess because it is such ausky factory, some guys dont care about the well being of each one.

I can say that these guys are great young guys who have a huge passion for fishing and musky. These guys are our future and they know how to handle these fish they have paid there dues this year with many hours casting LSC and finding the fish and getting them to bite they will be around for a long time and will be able to be better suited for all musky fishing situations.

I also started with a Salmon net I did not know better but my first 47" fit in and 48" fit in I knew that I needed a bigger net but could not afford one at the time when I could I got one from the Muskies Canada Odyssey (there is one April 2013 just in case anyone wanted to know 2013 Odyssey link) I used CTC bolt cutters usually go on sale for $8 (I still use them for cutting the wire on every bait I have made) that was what I could afford at the Odyssey I got Knipex cutters $40 instead of $60-$80.

What Im trying to say is these guys do everything they have to get these fish in and released unharmed I give them a huge KUDOES for posting there videos and taking the time to edit them its a lot of work and time.

For what its worth Ron will be getting a net in a couple weeks and Jones will be fishing with other guys who have the proper nets for all there other gear these guys are well suited. These guys are students working there summers away and fishing when they can putting money into there vehicles to get them to school this fall so there money is well spent and prioritized (thanks spell check)

Joey I know you meant no harm with your comments I made the same ones on our local board yes they need a bigger net and YES IAN needs net skills :whistling: Sorry Jones Had to add it in LOL. Joey is another class act here as many know but I am not going to start to pump all her great quality's the list is to long and Paul will get depressed

I can say that these guys are great young guys who have a huge passion for fishing and musky. These guys are our future and they know how to handle these fish they have paid there dues this year with many hours casting LSC and finding the fish and getting them to bite they will be around for a long time and will be able to be better suited for all musky fishing situations.

I also started with a Salmon net I did not know better but my first 47" fit in and 48" fit in I knew that I needed a bigger net but could not afford one at the time when I could I got one from the Muskies Canada Odyssey (there is one April 2013 just in case anyone wanted to know 2013 Odyssey link) I used CTC bolt cutters usually go on sale for $8 (I still use them for cutting the wire on every bait I have made) that was what I could afford at the Odyssey I got Knipex cutters $40 instead of $60-$80.

What Im trying to say is these guys do everything they have to get these fish in and released unharmed I give them a huge KUDOES for posting there videos and taking the time to edit them its a lot of work and time.

For what its worth Ron will be getting a net in a couple weeks and Jones will be fishing with other guys who have the proper nets for all there other gear these guys are well suited. These guys are students working there summers away and fishing when they can putting money into there vehicles to get them to school this fall so there money is well spent and prioritized (thanks spell check)

Joey I know you meant no harm with your comments I made the same ones on our local board yes they need a bigger net and YES IAN needs net skills :whistling: Sorry Jones Had to add it in LOL. Joey is another class act here as many know but I am not going to start to pump all her great quality's the list is to long and Paul will get depressed

:blush: Awwww shucks, thanks Mike. I was just trying to help ;):D

Mike posted on the Muskies Canada forum last week asking if anyone had a decent Muskie net laying around...One of our newest members immediately responded that he had one, I'm assuming he's giving it away...

This spring I was fortunate enough to collect Muskie eggs with two very dedicated OMNR Biologists for the LSMRP. The Cradles they were using were literally falling apart...I posted that on the MCI forum and I had 3 nice cradles donated...

Thats typical of the passion Muskies Canada members have for these fish.

Thanks Mike, I'm really glad you understand and see where we are coming from.

"they will be around for a long time and will be able to be better suited for all musky fishing situations." couldn't have said it better my self, not trying to disrespect anyone on here or any musky fisherman by using the equipment i do. thanks again mike your kindness and understanding does not go unnoticed & i really appreciate you putting this into perspective and better words then i could have.

good.gif

-Ian

Dax is right I had put a offer on the MCI site for anyone with a used net and wanted to trade some of my lures for it I explained these young guys to them and had a offer right away then another member from OFC offered a NEW net for free so yes Ron will be getting a net if our members want to put there names here they can I will not mention them but they are both members here and one is a MCI member great guys.

So who here wants to help get Jones a net now??? does anyone in the OFC family have a used musky net they can part with?

All I ask of the guys getting the help with this is pay it back down the road I have been helped over my life time with things I need but cant afford so I just try and pay back now by doing the same thing. I know that OFC family has a long history of doing these things that is why its so popular and that's why we can all fight about stupid things from time to time and then move on that's what families do.

BTW thanks Paul Matt and Davey

Joey your always awesome did not mean to make you blush I hope that does not mean Roy is gonna take a strip off me

Thanks again mike p, i hate taking hand outs. never been one to do it. personally before i do any more serious fishing i want to get my self a nice vehicle & nice boat and a few other important things. I'm glad you guys at Muskies Canada where able to help someone out in that way, that shows a lot of respect for the sport & other anglers.

a lot of people think the "pro" means I'm a millionaire with a boat and a brand new tundra LOL not the case, the name may elude many, but don't let it .

Jigger - thanks a lot buddy, lsc is an awesome fishery thats for sure, lots of under fished areas on an over fished lake, i hope to one day expand my boundaries and fish lots of lakes across canada.

Dontcryformejanhrdina - thanks for the kind words, and i wasn't out, i do not own the 35 john, i don't fish with those guys that much anymore, nor anyone, blahblah1.gif

Joes - you will see more, rather it be 5 months, 10 months, 2 years 3 ye..... there will be more to come :) i gotta get a boat so i can make some serious videos and do some serious fishing.

Spoon - i kinda have a similar resemblance to the owner of the 35hp but don't get it twisted!aha i do not have a boat.

& thanks everyone on OFC for viewing and leaving the nice comments, it dosent happen much but i really do appreciate the time you guys took to watch my video & leave nice comments.

cool.gif

Edited by ProFishermanJones